X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I get the stupid ones?

Just a quick one from me today.

I work as a photo lab manager and had this lovely clueless lady today.

Cust: Hi, I'd like to print some photos.
    Me: OK...digital or...
    Cust: Digital.
    Me: Do you have your camera with you? Or the memory card?
    Cust: Yep. (Plonks down black box onto counter)
    Me: I'm sorry, I'm not going to be able to print from that beca...
    Cust: Why not? <rant rant> I've been coming here for ages, you've always done them before for me etc etc...

Me: <Interrupting> As I was saying...I can't print from that because that's your camera battery.

Hello? Brain? Please get out of the Interstate and back into my head!
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

That's almost as bad as the one who came to my counter to drop off film. She opened the camera without having rewound the film first.

I did not enjoy explaining to her why the lab would not be able to print her pictures.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Yep - had that one the other day. But they had opened the camera, taken the film out, wound it around the outside of the canister, and then put it in the pot.
        And then demanded a new film as I had "ruined theirs"

I love photo customers!

Comment

Phone Jockey's customers have escaped again!!!!!!!!!

Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I think that lady has been in my store before, only when I was dealing with her she had shoved her L-ion battery into the CF slot in the self service machine and was throwing a hissy fit that the computer could not read her files!
            Our brains are smarter than we think they am!

Comment

Thats some funny shit....

A while back this lady wanted some dried apricots. So I went to our Produce dept and got the bag she requested....she said it was the wrong bag...back I went and looked at the bags again (even though I KNEW it was the right bag...you have to do it to give them "benifit of the doubt") and I came back with the same bag. She went all hissy and said the bag that I broght up twice was peaches! The third time I went back to bring her the "correct" bag up which was the SAME EXACT ONES I read the bag to her S-L-O-W-L-Y so she would understand. Finally it sunk into her head that we had the right bag all along but decided not to buy it because "we made her look stupid"
              NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Ah, I used to do retail photography...I love how everyone thinks they know everything about photography and film processing, etc...and those of us who really know have all of these incidents to prove they don't know shit! I don't think I could work in a development lab...if any of the aforementioned customers came up to me, I would probably fall over the counter laughing...(I'm glad I wasn't eating or drinking anything while reading this thread!)
                I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Ah...I have one for you on a similar bend.

Me - Mongo
                  Sc - Stupid Customer
                  Boss - My cool boss

SC - I have an error message that the computer can't find the hard drive <then plunks equipment onto my counter>
                  Me - I'm sorry but I can't...
                  SC - Why not?!? I've bought this here, you built it for me why can't you fix it?
                  Me - Because you've...
                  SC - Don't you DARE put this on me! You even put it on your window in those cute vinyl stickers saying that you REPAIR COMPUTERS! NOW @#$%ING FIX MINE!
                  Me - But you don't understand...
                  SC - WHAT THE @#$% DO YOU MEAN I DON'T UNDERSTAND! I've come here for many years buying computers from you. I DESERVE SOME RESPECT!
                  Me - So do I ma'am, what I'm trying to say is
                  SC - I don't give two hoots in hell what you're trying to say. Get [boss's name] in here now! I'll talk to him and get your ass fired. I'll have your job you miserable little shit.

So at this point I get my boss

Boss - What's all the screaming?
                  Me - One of your friends out there screaming at me because I can't fix her hard drive.
                  Boss - What's wrong with it?
                  Me - First she claims that it's saying that the Hard Drive can't be found and secondly, she only brought in the LCD Monitor and not the computer. I can't get a word in edgewise to let her know that I need the tower in order to fix the problem.
                  Boss - <sigh> Take lunch...I'll deal with her.

Later that day the lady comes back with the tower and once again I'm there to take in her repair order. No apology for her behavior, no looking embarrassed. Didn't even get a thank you when I found out right then and there that the IDE (hard drive data cable) cable had fallen out and needed to be re-seated.

M
                  I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

That would be funny, Mongo, except that woman was so horrible to you! That really makes me sad that she couldn't even apologize for acting that way...yikes.
                    I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Working...
                    X