Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why must I wait for an hour for nothing?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    Being a Chevy owner (for the second time), I give Ford grief just out of principle. But my undying hatred is reserved for Dodge. When I was looking for a replacement for my first Chevy Blazer, I considered Ford Explorers, Jeeps Cherokees and Liberty's, Toyota 4Runners, Nissan Pathfinders, and of course Chevy Blazers. NOT Dodge Durangos.
    All I have to say about Dodge Durangos: I'm alive!

I was rear ended by a Mack truck while I was sitting in line at a red light in my husband's '99 Durango. He had to have been doing about 50 mph when he hit me. The rear end crumpled; the front end crumpled; the engine stopped at the firewall, thank goodness! The cabin remained relatively intact. The engineering saved my life. I hated that truck, but I'm glad I was in it instead of my little Nissan Frontier at the time.
    Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

With all the acronym fun you reminded me one I usually don't tell because most my friends speak spanish and it's not possible to translate it.

This was told to me by a friend who worked in United Airlines, you see there was a problem with Airbus airplanes in which most or all models had two engines only, making them legaly limited for transatlantic travel, since loss of one engine meant a dangerous loss of push for the airplane. So Airbuses weren't used for transatlantic flights for that reason.

Enventually the FAA came up with a legal extension called E.T.O.P.S. Which stood for Extended-range Twin-engine Operated System, it's basically a new regulation that opens most covered area of the world to two engined airplanes which comply with strict technological restrictions by extending the rage in minutes from a large airport these planes where allowed to deviate from.

Anyhow, this friend of mine told me that at UA they used to call ETOPS: Engines Turn, Or People Swim.

It seems it stuck as a normal interpretation of the acronym, lol: ETOPS
      I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Working...
      X