Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First SC of the season (Kind of gross-Definately disgusting)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First SC of the season (Kind of gross-Definately disgusting)

Background:

The Internal Revenue Service no longer allows filing tax returns based on individuals' last pay slips of the year--especially before the deadlines for the W2 (annual income and withholding statement-T4 for Canadian readers), which is this Saturday the 31st.

Another problem with the last pay slip is that they don't always make it clear what income is even taxable as so many organizations offer tax-deferred retirement plans and some do not even distinguish social security and medicare taxes or make it clear what state income tax was withheld.

Well Saturday evening about 1/2 hour before closing, a guy came in to our store. He admitted that he did not keep his employers and the post office informed about his address changes. He asked us to file his return with his last pay slip.

I told him that we couldn't do that and that he would have to contact his employers and have them fax or overnight the documents or give the URL to download them (WalMart and other firms offer this).

He stormed out and a lady in the waiting area pointed out that this SC spit on our door. I found an ammonia-based window cleaner. The Awesome Store Manager (ASM) contacted the territory manager about this jerk--he signed in so we have a name.

I hope our TM bans this asshole as we don't really care for that kind of business.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Crap, they don't...?! [searches for W2]

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
      Crap, they don't...?! [searches for W2]
      Technically they are not SUPPOSED to file that way. On my end for the practical reasons mentioned in my post. Apparently the IRS found a lot of fraud in those types of filings.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?

Comment

Well, is it a new-thing, 'cause that's how I did it last year...

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
          Well, is it a new-thing, 'cause that's how I did it last year...
          You are correct that this is new. Apparently to many shenanigans last year. Nevertheless, Saturday the 31st is the deadline--do alot of people a favor and wait for that docuement, PLEASE.

Who is John Galt?

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
            You are correct that this is new. Apparently to many shenanigans last year. Nevertheless, Saturday the 31st is the deadline--do alot of people a favor and wait for that docuement, PLEASE.
            Yes, I will. I simply misplaced it last season (found it eventually, lol). And my tax preparer does e-file and is really cool and nice...

Comment

I can't help but reminded of that episode of the Simpsons where Homer scrambles to get his taxes done at the last possible second and then gets audited and is forced to work for the FBI.
              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                I can't help but reminded of that episode of the Simpsons where Homer scrambles to get his taxes done at the last possible second and then gets audited and is forced to work for the FBI.
                I wish I could laugh at that, but last year I had a lady bring in a shoebox full of statements and receipts 15 minutes before closing on April 15th.

GOOD NEWS: She wasn't sucky [WHEW!].
                BAD NEWS: I couldn't finish her return b/c she forgot her kids' social numbers.
                GOOD NEWS: She would be getting a refund and the IRS typically waives late filing penalties for those who get refunds.

Who is John Galt?

Comment

He spit on your door?
                  That is disgusting.

What a pig.
                  Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Do you have to wait for the TM to ban this guy? Can't your ASM ban him from your location at least?
                    It never fails to astound me that people are so rude and awful to people who they need help from.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                      "SHUT UP! SHUT UP! IF I CAN'T HEAR YOU, IT'S NOT ILLEGAL!"
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Yuck.

We had a customer leave our advice centre and spit on the intercom at the door.

Of course it was one of the more interesting customers. Some mental health problems which I would normally be quite sympathetic too, but mostly caused/exacerbated by heavy drug use.

I once got a phone call from some poor women at this customer's mother's housing - the woman who runs the block for the council. Apparently this SC had gone round and threatened to blow the building up. The police had said this was not a crime

I'm not sure what was odder - that SC had done this, that she had rung us (we just help him out when his benefits get stopped because he can't deal with the paperwork, and at one point acted as a go between because the benefit was paid via a family member too scared to meet with the guy - we aren't responsible for him and are at least nominally on his side), or that the police had been talking such rubbish.

Luckily I think the spitting on the intercom was actually about the most planned attack he is capable of. (And I told the woman to call the council's legal department, and hinted she could ask them about something starting with an i and ending with an njunction).

Victoria J

Comment

Quoth auntiem View Post
                          Do you have to wait for the TM to ban this guy? Can't your ASM ban him from your location at least?
                          To answer your query:
                          The franchise owner owns about 30 offices throughout South Chicagoland. The TM could ban this a-hole from ALL 30 offices.

Yes our ASM can ban him for our store (I think she has, come to think of it). She is not shy about banning scammers and psychos. However, it never hurts to keep the higher-ups in the loop.

TM encourages us to blast 'Send to All' e-mails when we catch a scammer.
                          Last edited by taxguykarl; 01-27-2009, 04:48 PM.

Who is John Galt?

Comment

Working...
                          X