This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hard is it?

To call ahead and saying you're going to be arriving at a hotel before check-in time. It is really impossible to inform the reservation taker that you might be early. In the last week we have had people showing up unannounced half an hour after check-out time. Despite the fact that they are too early they still have the audacity to get pissed off because their room isn't ready. It takes half an hour to get a room clean and even waiting 30 minutes is an insult to them. We had a woman who shows up at noon and starts yelling at us because she had a wedding at two pm and needed to get ready. Hmmm she knew when she booked the conversation that she would be arriving early and still did not request an early check-in

Sorry we aren't psychic maybe next time learn how to use a phone.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Yeah, but even then, isn't an early check in still just a request and you may or may not be able to honor it depending on the check out rate and clean room rate and if that customer coming in wanted special type of room (smoking or non - first floor, pool view, etc) So, even if she had requested an early check-in, shouldn't she have been prepared in the event that it may not have happened.

Lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I don't know why some people get all pissy about their rooms not being ready yet. Would they rather the hotel rush the cleaning job...and leave a mess behind? I sure wouldn't!

In fact, if you're nice, and get there early...sometimes they'll bump your room up. At last year's railroad convention, I got to the hotel in Cleveland a bit early. I don't remember what type of room I'd booked, but since one of the more-expensive rooms hadn't been booked yet, I got upgraded to that one. Not only did I get a nicer view, but there was a steambath type thingie in the tub, along with a freebie breakfast in the morning. I didn't ask for it, but since I wasn't a bastard at check-in, the staff was only to happy to offer the free upgrade
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
      X