Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I worked at a store in the mall of america, we weren't allowed to tell people to leave, no matter how nicely we put it. Soo...my coworkers and I came up with a little skit we did every night we had those pesky customers. I would stand by the front of the store. Coworker = J

Me: "Hey J, I forgot, what time do we close on *insert day of the week*?"
    J: "9pm!"
    Me: "What time is it now?"
    J: "8:58"

We did it loud enough for the customers to hear, and they'd get the point, but we couldn't get in trouble for telling them to leave
    Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
      I wish that studio I first worked in had a closing gate. But it was just wide open. My only indication that I was closed was a small time clock that says "Will be back at" and then you flip the little hands to the time you re-open. No one ever paid attention to it- I would be helping my last customer of the night and flip the sign around so everyone would realize that after that last person, I was done. It NEVER worked.
      You expect SCs to be able to tell time???

Comment

The store I work at now has a rule about closing. The door can't be turned off until the store actually closes.
        My Fanfic Page
        My Fiction Page
        My Social Group
        My Pet Social Group
        My You Tube Channel

Comment

I wonder: How would these customers feel if it was 4:58, and their bosses came over to them and told them to do a special project that would take at least 1/2 hour to complete!

Comment

i'm trying to understand their grounds for calling the police in the first place (other than the standard 'they are sc's' rule applying); what were they going to do, have them arrested for closing a store at the appointed time, or maybe refusing to allow them to force people to work past working hours??
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth dougiezerts View Post
              I wonder: How would these customers feel if it was 4:58, and their bosses came over to them and told them to do a special project that would take at least 1/2 hour to complete!
              Hey Peter... what's happening? I'm going to need you to come in tomorrow. We losts some people, and need to do some catching up. So if you could be here tomorrow at 9:00, that would be great.

Oh, and I'm also going to need you to come in Sunday.

OK, that was badly paraphrased, but I haven't quite managed to memorize that one yet.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

well speaking from "experience" my dad has to deal with something like that
                even when hes home or even on vacation! he hasto take/make calls and do business all the time! im pretty sure on weekends as well
                never seen him get annoyed about a store closing but if anyone had legitmate annoyance about it, its him

Comment

Why am I suddenly very glad that our store does the closing countdown? Starting at 9:30 we page over the PA that the store is closing soon. Repeat at 9:45, 9:50, and 9:55, and then announce at 10pm that the store is now closed. At 10pm, the entrance doors are turned off, but the exit doors are left on (they don't let people in, and the door-greeter or cashiers can catch people trying to sneak in who aren't night shift). Cashiers finish ringing customers out (I've gotten off the cigarette register as late as 10:20 before), and then clean up until 10:30, which is when second shift officially ends and we get to go home. If we clean up the registers early, we get to zone departments until clock-out time.

As for closing individual registers for things like breaks, I will often just turn off my light, and then proceed to inform everyone who gets in line after that that I'm closed. They usually leave (though several leave with a peeved expression on their faces). I will, however, finish ringing out what customers were already in my line when the light went off.
                  "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                  - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                  X