This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth MTNLaurelPoacher View Post
    You really have to wonder where she got the money to pay for the computer.
    Really, I figured she was a retail manager.

Comment

Aah. That explains why she has never opened a laptop.
      "Wow, that has to be the best genital analogy EVER. "

Comment

I can understand how the woman could no know how to open the thing... the buttons to release the catches can be well hidden. But... she would have had to have gone to the store and bought one of these, likely by sleecting it from a display of simial machines, all OPEN. This would have demonstrated the proper configuration for the computer...

So why on Earth would she open it like a book? It's like she really had no idea what was inside of it, which leads me to wonder how did she purchase this computer without ever having seen it or anything similar?

Some people are just impervious to information, I guess.
        Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Polenicus, Macbooks don't have a little latch. They use magnets to keep from bouncing open, so you just have to tug a bit harder to get it started opening. This woman over-tugged. And yes, she does seem quite knowledge-impervious. Ugh.

Comment

Quoth the_std View Post
            I'm lucky in that she is my only "problem" student. The rest of them really make up for it by being excited about learning and not incapable of handling technology. But this lady...

I emailed her today to see what she was going to do with the laptop (if she was scrapping it, I had someone interested in the parts), and she said that she'd found someone who was going to replace the screen for only $1000, and wasn't that awesome, and she didn't think it would be nearly that cheap, and this whole technology thing was fantastic!

... She paid $1400 for the laptop new, and doesn't even get to use it before she has to drop another grand to make it workable again, and she thinks that's fantastic? I want to live in her world!

I'd like to have some of her money too!

Comment

Quoth Polenicus View Post
              *Says a small prayer for the poor, soon-to-be-departed MacBook*

Poor thing... it never had a chance.
              Sounds like somebody needs to call the LPS (Laptop Protective Services) and have that poor MacBook taken away and placed in a new home.

Wonder if it would like to share a home with another laptop?
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

My MacBook does not approve of this story!
                /me pets MacBook

Comment

Quoth the_std View Post
                  Polenicus, Macbooks don't have a little latch. They use magnets to keep from bouncing open, so you just have to tug a bit harder to get it started opening. This woman over-tugged. And yes, she does seem quite knowledge-impervious. Ugh.
                  Ah, it's been a while since my old Chiclet died, and I haven't been able to afford to replace it just yet ;_;
                  Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Ouch, I will be extra kind to my mac book... it was traumatized having to display that story

though on a side note, any suggestions on a windows laptop that will run Peachtree and Quickbooks (damn me going into a major where my favorite computer is near useless)
                    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                      Ouch, I will be extra kind to my mac book... it was traumatized having to display that story

though on a side note, any suggestions on a windows laptop that will run Peachtree and Quickbooks (damn me going into a major where my favorite computer is near useless)
                      Run Parallels Desktop on your Mac. It'll be slower but it'll work. I have a Toshiba laptop that I run Quickbooks on though (use it at work, and school, and was cheaper than a Macbook. I'm gonna save some important files though and dual-boot WinXP and Debian)
                      Last edited by prb; 02-01-2009, 01:28 PM.
                      Otaku

Comment

Quoth prb View Post
                        Run Parallels Desktop on your Mac.
                        scarily, with all the sales going on, it is cheaper for me to just buy a new computer than to set up a parallel desktop (that software aint cheap, then you have to buy a copy of windows... all said it will cost about the same and run faster to just get a low end laptop).
                        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Yfandes View Post
                          My MacBook does not approve of this story!
                          /me pets MacBook
                          My Gypsy doesn't like it either . . . but at least she's happier after her blow-down and polishing earlier this morning.

*pets laptop*
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                          X