This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post
    I am not gay and won't pretend to understand what gay people have gone through.

I am, however, Jewish, and am sickened by the Jews who use that same basic card. "Oh, we've been persecuted for 5000 years, woe is us, blah blah blah gefilte fish-cakes blah." ...
    I am both gay AND Jewish and if you ask me, forget about persecution and harrassment. Having to eat Gefilte Fish when i was a kid should get me a free pass to act anyway I want! :SHUDDER: Blech!!!

I admit I do use the gay jew card for laughs sometimes. Like when my boss hands me a ton of gift letters to process, I've sometimes given her the whinny voiced "Is this because I'm Jewish or gay?" :-) It NEVER works though.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      Or better yet, look at our own history and read up on the Holacaust."
      A couple of my occasional customers had tattooes on their arms. Yes, that sort of tattoo. When someone obnoxious tries to claim they've had it bad, I think back to their dignified behaviour, and then I scoff.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        Generally speaking, most of the rest of the people in the gay bar that hear or see this shit, whether they are gay or straight, could care less about the speakers's sexual orientation....they just think he is a raging prick.
        Now, you'd think that would make him a popular patron

<ducks and covers>

Comment

No gay person thinks that.
          O sorry. I didn't mean to represent all of Gay men and woman with that... just that SC

Last edited by PepperElf; 02-04-2009, 03:50 PM.

Comment

I guess my response wasn't very clear. I wasn't taking issue with the idea that some gay folks are dicks, but the whole "choosing to be gay" idea.

Fun/disturbing story from my youth: I remember one conversation in my Catholic (male only) high school that rapidly got awkward. Somehow we got on the topic of how stupid gays were, who did they think they were fooling, we all knew they were choosing to be such disgusting freaks. One guy chimed in that, yeah, we all have occasional gay urges, but we don't give in to them.

Room got real quiet real fast. I don't know how many were thinking "No I don't" and how many were thinking "I do, but I'm not gonna SAY that." Either way, the poor guy was now out as the one "choosing" to be straight. To this day, I'm convinced that many of the people who are adamant that homosexuality is a choice are that way because they actively "choose" to be straight, something most folks don't need to do.

Comment

No politics or social issues here, folks...it's been said a bazillion times. Feel free to take it to Fratching if you'd like. Thanks.
              Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

Working...
              X