This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rates are subject to change, ma'am

Before I begin, I just wanna let you all know I probably wont be posting as frequently as I used to because I have covered most of my past SC's so now I am posting sucky customers as I get them but dont worry, I will still have plenty to talk about

Guest: Yea Dave, I saw this property online and I'd like to reserve it

Me: ok this is your rate

Guest: wait a minute, last week, I saw a lower rate online

Me: Ok lemme check on that for you.....ok I dont see that rate on here but I do see you've rented with us before so I will give you a repeat renter discount of 10%

Guest: can that can be taken off the rate I saw online last week

Me: no ma'am, its off the published rate

Guest: I mean you cant honor that rate

Me: no ma'am

Guest: thats not fair.....its false advertising

Me: how so?

Guest: because you advertised a rate and now you wont honor it

Me: we would have if you booked it at that time

Guest: why not now?

Me: because rates are subject to change

Guest: thats bait and switch

Me: no it's not....if I had that rate online now and didnt honor it, that would be bait and switch

Guest: well you are a schyster.....how do you get away with this? I am gonna shut you people down. I cant believe you treat customers like this

I am going to have to try that one at a gas station. I saw you advertise gas for $1.69 last week.
    Guest: because you advertised a rate and now you wont honor it
    Oh... so your trying to charge me $1.79 for gas this week. Thats bait and switch. I decided to buy gas here last week at your $1.69, but now that I get here its $1.79. OMG... you are trying to rip me off.
    "Wow, that has to be the best genital analogy EVER. "

Comment

Haven't these people heard of seasonal rates?! What was she smoking and did she bring enough for everyone?
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
        Guest: thats bait and switch

Me: no it's not....if I had that rate online now and didnt honor it, that would be bait and switch
        Indeed it's not. Those are Bait & Switch.
        "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

super-suck! i your posts! keep what you can comin!
          Standing on the moon With nothing else to do A lovely view of heaven But I'd rather be with you

Comment

Between your posts and TheHippie's I'm beginning to comtemplate genocide. These people are spending time in places I'd like to go and being bitches about it. I say we force them all to vacation in Clinton Oklahoma then they'll have something to complain about!

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post
              Hmm, not necessarily. For example, my store offers website specials that are not available through the store. In other words, we don't price match our own website. No, not even if you have that super special website deal delivered to our store. It's still only available through the web. I only wanted to mention it because I received sooo much grief this past Christmas

But you're right. Airline prices change according to available flights and bookings. You'll pay premium price if it's the last available seat, for example. Same thing with online. Worse, she demanded a price with no proof of it. Famous SC tactic "But I saw it for this price someone else. Will you honor it?"
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
              X