Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invoking "30 minutes or it's Free" Scam (lengthy)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Boozy View Post
    The "30 minutes or it's free" thing is dangerous, because you don't want delivery guys driving like maniacs to meet the deadline.
    Exactly. When Dominos started offering that deal, it wasn't uncommon to see their drivers speeding around. In my borough, quite a few of the drivers got busted for speeding (some *multiple* times ) or getting into accidents. Then the policy quietly went away
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

The place where I worked would give a realistic time frame (half an hour to sometimes even an hour, if we were overworked and short staffed); we'd still get people ringing up twenty, sometimes even ten minutes after ordering and bitching, "I ordered pizza an hour ago and it still isn't here, blah blah!" Cue deflation when we pointed out it was actually ten minutes and we're not brainless idiots who can't tell the time. XD In any case, every order had the time it was made printed in the top right corner of the slip when it came out the machine.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
        Now it's 30 inutes and it's cold.
        Hey, all the better for me. I've been known to eat pizza directly out of the fridge.

also, I have a cat's tongue when it comes to hot things. Maybe "neko" isn't part of my name for nothin.
        Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth prb View Post
          Pizza Pizza. They may suck, but they do it (40 minutes though).

EDIT: They are only in ON and QC. Thank god they haven't hit BC yet.
          Will Uncle Enzo come to appologize to you if you don't get it on the time slot?
          I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Working...
          X