This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brief and just plain silly

This happens so often, I finally decided to post.

When I call a customer to tell them that their service truck is on the way. A lot of time, they'll seriously inquire:

SC in this case is "Silly Customer"

ME: The driver is on his way, he'll be there in 10 - 15 minutes.
    SC:Okay. So, he knows where I'm at, right?

No. I'm just telling you he's on his way with a first class ticket to nowhereland. We figure he'll just drive around until he finds a car that resembles yours and provide service.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

I hope I'm never in that situation - my truck has 2 identical twins in town - and I live in a small town. Didn't know there were that many stepside Rangers, with my same color & wheel options around.
    That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

I just don't understand THAT logic. I mean, I know that once you are on the consumer side of things, logic kind of fails...but I hear that inquiry so much that it amazes me.
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

You call for assistance, tell the dispatcher where you are, and expect them to not relay that info to the driver?

My dad once had to call AAA (for my car - he rescued me one morning and gave me his car so I could get to work reasonably close to on-time and not have to use my time off) and was told it would be about an hour (hey, at least I was in the parking lot at a coffee shop). The guy showed up five minutes later. Apparently they get a lot of calls in the general vicinity (main road, morning rush hour) so he parks his truck on a side street off the highway and just hangs out.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          The guy showed up five minutes later. .
          You did, indeed, get lucky...either that, or there was no snow, ice, sleet, frigid temperatures, or flooding involved in your area at that time.

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
            You did, indeed, get lucky...either that, or there was no snow, ice, sleet, frigid temperatures, or flooding involved in your area at that time.
            No, it was September, and sunny...

My dad was all pissed, though, cuz I made him get dressed and come out. When he mentioned to the towtruck driver that we would be bringing it to Sears later (it was a flat tire, and the tools for the jack were, let's say, extremely well hidden in the trunk - my dad thought they were missing but found them later), he said he could just put some air in it to get the car there, since Sears was right across the highway. So he did that, and when my dad went in the guy in the auto center said "Good morning" and my dad replied, "What's good about it?" They employee said, "You're alive, aren't you?" My dad had to laugh at that.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
            X