This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Major Gripe.

So far, I haven't had anything to complain about since I got this journalist job. I work with some oddballs and I love them. I have met some interesting people from reporting and I have heard some unique stories.

Though I have one gripe, one major gripe as it is incredibly and I mean incredibly frustrating.

To future people I interview,

IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE ISSUE IS WHEN I ASK YOU ABOUT IT, DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SAY "I DON'T KNOW" TO BEGIN WITH! NOT AFTER I ASKED YOU ABOUT IT!

It is annoying that when I think I may get some comments that I need when I hear "Yeah I care about this issue," only to hear "Uhhhh, I don't know." So for the love of my sanity (What little I have of it), just be honest from the start. It saves a bit of time as I can be back in the office writing the damn article instead of hearing giggly idiots who can't tell the difference between a cat and a dog.

Other than that, fun job.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

People don't want to admit they don't know about something, ESPECIALLY to a journalist, as they feel it may them look stupid or uninformed.

Take Governor Palin as an example. Without getting into her specific politics, there were questions she was asked that she did not know the answer to, or did not know much about the issue, and rather than admit that there were some things she was less than fully informed about, she tried to bullshit the interviewer. It is not unique to Ms. Palin, though, as I have seen countless politicians and public figures pull this same maneuver time and time again, despite the glaringly obvious fact that it just doesn't work, and sometimes makes them look even stupider than if they had just said, "Um, I don't know" or "I'm really not all that familiar with the Jester Double Shot Policy with regards to its effect on Spring Break girls in bikinis." Or whatever.

It's just human nature to want to appear informed about something, especially when you are being interviewed or spotlighted by a member of the media.

So, hate to tell you this, but there is not a pygmy's chance of dunking that this issue is going to go away from your job. Sorry, Charlie.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

So what is the Jester Double Shot Policy and how does it effect on Spring Break girls in bikinis?

Comment

I'm not afraid to say I don't know.

But I believe it is something that definitely deserves further study.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          I'm not afraid to say I don't know.

But I believe it is something that definitely deserves further study.
          Seconded. FOR SCIENCE!
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I third this "boobies for science" investigation.
            If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

BIKINIS for science. Let's look at the overall picture, and not get bogged down in just one area, shall we?

Still A Customer."

Comment

I am willing to volunteer myself as a test subject. But you have a few months until its warm enough

Comment

*ears perk up*

did i just hear that girls in bikinis get free booze in the name of science? count me in.
                  vanilla chai

Comment

I volunteer to be one of the researchers!

Comment

Quoth PhotoChick View Post
                      But you have a few months until its warm enough
                      Sorry, but where I live, it IS warm enough.

Quoth 4011 View Post
                      did i just hear that girls in bikinis get free booze in the name of science?
                      No, you didn't. That was not at all what was said. Nice try though!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth 4011 View Post
                        *ears perk up*

did i just hear that girls in bikinis get free booze in the name of science? count me in.
                        I'm in. I'll bring the extra sunscreen.

Comment

instead of hearing giggly idiots who can't tell the difference between a cat and a dog.
                          dogs go "meow" and cats go "bark" right?

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                            dogs go "meow" and cats go "bark" right?
                            Close enough! *giggles* 1+1=0
                            "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

I'd like to offer myself as a control group for this experiment. I am a chubby, middle-aged white guy.

I'd rather not wear a bikini, but I will in the name of science.
                              Enjoy my latest stupid quest for immortality. http://1001plus.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X