This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limo SCs and the dangers of them

Seeing as there has been some stories involving alcohol which ended badly, it made me remember of the times I've worked limo lot and dealt with limos. The drivers are usually nice people and know what to do, and you can't help but feel bad for some of the people they have to drive. Now, most people usually take a limo to an event because it could be a big night out for them and they want to drink inside the arena and not worry about causing trouble. They are also used for special occasions as I have seen plenty of dates in them at times.

Limos carry three types of SCs; the entitlement idiot who thinks he's great just because he/she is riding a limo, then there is the person who flat out treats the driver like crap or "Lord Asshole", the third one is the worst type of limo SC: The Pre-Drunk.

The Pre-Drunk is the worst type of SC you can get when it comes to working at an arena. If the limo has plenty of booze, 99% chance of it then you are likely to be in for a tough night. One pre-drunk may be bad but if you have them in a group headaches are likely to occur and there are times when one wants to quit.
    One night I worked Bon Jovi and it was around the time his new album came out earlier this year. I find myself to be in limo lot which meant I would assist the limos while a coworker parked them. For the whole night, I got drunken things said to me, nothing insulting just very funny stuff to hear. However it got a little out of hand when this older woman is standing near me and saying all sorts of strange stuff. Very obvious that she's had too much to drink. She starts asking if I am single, I tell her that I am seeing someone and that I have work to do. Later on, her husband comes up to me and tells me that I was flirting with his wife; a lie obviously but he was snookered also. Things start to turn a little nasty with him getting into my face when thankfully security pulls him away from me.

And that is why I do not like the limo lot.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Although I haven't ridden in a limo before, I can imagine how badly they suck for you, and even worse for the poor driver-he had to deal with them the whole night.

I imagine that he has a skull'n'crossbones labeling each and every high school graduation for miles around...
    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post

I imagine that he has a skull'n'crossbones labeling each and every high school graduation for miles around...
      I think proms are a lot worse than for graduations. I was driving around one time and saw a bunch of stupid kids sticking their heads out of the sunroof. Dangerous and illegal then you add up the stupidty of an average high school student and gord knows what can happen.
      The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth ihatethenba68 View Post
        I think proms are a lot worse than for graduations.
        Right I forgot that it's different in the States-around here, proms happen when you pass grade 8 or 9 (depending on the school) and graduations happen when you complete grade 12. My bad.
        I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth ihatethenba68 View Post
          Limos carry three types of SCs; the entitlement idiot who thinks he's great just because he/she is riding a limo,
          Yeah, but the same person thinks he's great because someone is bagging his groceries for him.
          You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

I bet the husband got in your face because she was mad that you didn't show any interest so she told him you were flirting.

She's like Olive Oil from Popeye.

I've only ridden in a limo once, at my wedding. I loved my 2 minute ride.

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
              Yeah, but the same person thinks he's great because someone is bagging his groceries for him.

Some people take their entitlement complexes too far...

Especially if they complain that other people are getting THEIR groceries bagged, too.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
              X