Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate customers who can't understand or read coupons correctly.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate customers who can't understand or read coupons correctly.

Ok so last Saturday in the newspaper there is a Dunkin Donuts coupon booklet. Ok there is a coupon that says When you buy a medium or larger coffee, you get an egg and cheese sandwich for 99 Cents. So the SC gave me the coupon and I made her the sandwich and the coffee and she began to hand me the dollar. I explained to her that the coffee is regular price, but the sandwich is 99 cents. She wanted to know how much it would cost and it cost all together $2.77. She didn't want to pay that so she just left. I made the sandwich and the coffee for nothing. I was so beyond pissed off. I hate customers who do that. It's so annoying and frustrating.

Hail, fellow Dunkin worker!

We had a deal similar to that last month, where a bagel and cream cheese was 99 cents if you bought a medium or large coffee. I got the occasional customer thinking the entire meal would be 99 cents, too. But I didn't really blame them- the posters we had in the windows really didn't articulate it well enough.

Comment

Hello!

Yeah but they shouldn't get an attitude problem or say we're wrong when we're explaining it to them.

Comment

MMM...bagel with cream cheese and egg and cheese sandwiches. They sound great. How can people leave things after they've been made. Is so wasteful and if you went to buy it you were clearly hungry. Why leave hungry when it's already made for the sake of 2.77?

Comment

I work in a family shoe store. The other day, a woman asked if she could use her Reebok coupon.

1. We are not a Reebok store.
          2. We don't even sell Reeboks.

I think it was one of those things where the customer asks just for the hell of it. "Hey, are these shoes half price? No? Well, it doesn't hurt to ask!"

Yes, it does hurt. It hurts me.

Comment

Quoth PizzaDrone View Post
            How can people leave things after they've been made. Is so wasteful and if you went to buy it you were clearly hungry. Why leave hungry when it's already made for the sake of 2.77?
            That is precisely why I decided long ago that I can't work food service again (I did in high school--pizza place). If someone were to leave their food like in the OP, I'd eat it just because I wouldn't want it to go to waste. Then I'd probably have to pay for it, which means, if I had enough customers do that, I'd end up owing my employer money after a shift and would likely gain weight.
            I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
            - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
            - IPF

Comment

A couple seasons ago, a client printed our web site coupon a couple dozen times and tried to get his return prep free. And this year, a couple had both the junk mail and website coupon. In each case, I pointed to the 'Not valid with other offers' disclaimer. Fortunately neither got sucky about it.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
              X