X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try hearing French with any of the following accents:

-Australian. (classic )
    -Thai (sounds really cute)
    -Nasal English???? (not sure, but my French grammar professor is hilarious)
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Panigg View Post
      I'm in favor that anyone on the planet should know at least 2 if not 3 languages. It's just better.

Also I love when English speak German or English with a German Accent, its just way too funny for my ears.
      Some of us have enough trouble with just the ONE language.
      Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Last time I was in Italy, I did very well speaking French with people who didn't speak English. It was funny to hear the accent, though. One man, in his sixties, told me (in French) that I had very nice skin, his skin was a lot darker due to North African ancestry, and see how hairy his arm was?

Sometimes you really don't want to know what the other person is saying.

Comment

Quoth guitardude1987 View Post
          Him: Why the hell doesn't anyone here speak German? The [Car Manufacturer] plant is coming here, so I'm thinking more people should know German.
          (looking around) This is Tennessee, Fritz, not Bavaria. If you want to communicate with people, you had better learn some freakin' English, or at the very least, Redneck. You don't like it? Head back to Munchen.

Now, that being said, if *I* were over in your fair land, and found myself at a beerkellar in the Black Forest where no one spoke English, you know what I'd do? I wouldn't bitch and moan that no one spoke my language, which is not native to that area. I would either endeavor to learn the local language or, at the very least, befriend someone who spoke both languages and thus could translate, so that I might more easily order the sudsy brew of my choice. I most certainly would NOT insist that those around me learn MY language simply because I had arrived in their region, and therefore be considered a raging scheissekopf by the local populace.

Basically, fick dich, Wichser.
          Last edited by Jester; 02-06-2009, 01:17 PM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Once my husband was at a cafe, in a stripmall, in a suburb of Los Angeles. Next to him was a German couple. This couple was speaking loudly to each other in German about how awful they found Los Angeles - "all the F$#% blacks and Mexicans"and "F*^&(&^ Jews" and "Americans are so stupid and they dont do anything right" and blah blah blah. Just really nasty.

Hubby waited for a lull in their conversation, and told them "Go Home!" in perfect (if Austrian accented) German. They just shut up, stood up, and left.

Comment

I speak German with a western Austrian accent...

and I'm from Indiana

Comment

As the son of a German immigrant (who arrived in GA in the early 60s), Herr Deutschsprache is going to have a FUN time with his Amerikanische Arbeitsmenchen who will proudly exclaim how Schlitz and Budweiser taste better than "that thar fancy foreign beer!"

I strongly expect him to ask someone "Wie sagt man 'Curb Stomp Your Face' auf Deutsch?" in the future.
                Regards,
                The Exiled, V.2.0

"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind."
                - H. P. Lovecraft

Comment

"affordable Europeans,"
                  aka human trafficking

(tho be careful of those pimps, sometimes they're yakuza. one of the guys where i worked was rough on the girl and ... her handlers were japanese mafia and they showed him what rough *really* is)

Comment

After the factory is built, will the owners have enough left over to buy ze Cleveland Browns?
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                      According to Venezuelans, my husband speaks Spanish with a German accent. (Spanish is the only spoken language he has any familiarity with aside from English.)
                      I don't remember being consulted... (I'm Venezuelan ) Send me a recording and I'll tell you if it's true :P
                      I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

My voice coach and I have constant 'heated discussions' over my pronunciation of German. She's an Israeli whose father immigrated there from an Eastern Europen country at the end of WWII. I'm an Army brat who learned basic German from a very nice German teacher in northern West Germany in grade school. The accents are so very different that she thinks my German pronunciation is horrendous. I think German sounds VERY strange when spoken in an Israeli accent with Italian vowels (since we're singing it).

Amusingly enough, the two German foreign exchange students in my class in high school were delighted with my German accent. Go figure.
                        It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

In my German 101 class at college, the Swiss-born TA complimented the accents of myself and one other student. I was highly amused because, while the other student had actually traveled to Germany and practiced a bit there, I had never been outside the continental US. All of my pronunciation and accent were from repeated German classes throughout grade school. I got really good at saying things, but never learned much vocabulary. (I have a very hard time learning new vocab, plus each year we had maybe one chapter that wasn't some form of review of previous years.)

Quoth Bliss View Post
                          I don't remember being consulted... (I'm Venezuelan ) Send me a recording and I'll tell you if it's true :P
                          I'll have to see if I can get him to do one for me. Though his accent might have changed. It's been 5.5 years since he was in Venezuela (spent two years there), and he's been speaking with more people from Mexico lately (or Americans who learned Spanish), so he's probably picked up some new pronunciation.

Though he still confuses people with "estoy frito" (sp?), thanks to picking up that bit of slang in Venezuela. That was lots of fun on the family cruise three years ago.
                          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

'Estoy frito' - I am fried? <confused>
                            Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
                              'Estoy frito' - I am fried? <confused>
                              Yep. According to my husband, it's slang in Venezuela for "I'm broke." However, in Mexico, the same phrase means "I'm lazy."
                              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                                After the factory is built, will the owners have enough left over to buy ze Cleveland Browns?
                                Germans are known for quality craftsmanship.

Why would they WANT the Browns?

Speaking of a bad product, it's not like it would take all that much to buy the Browns. It's not as if they're really all that significant, or worth all that much. Hell, they play almost as badly as the Raiders!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X