This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what a laugh

Guest: Dave, I asked you to charge my balance to the credit card last week and it still hasnt been done

Me: ok it looks like it may have crossed over in the mail but you now have a zero balance

Guest: I dont believe you, Dave. I think you stole my credit card number. I gave it to you over the phone and the balance hasnt yet been charged

Me: the balance has been charged

Guest: I have no way of knowing that so that means you must have stolen my credit card

Me: ma'am if you continue to accuse me of that, I will sue you for slander

Guest: no you wont because I am your customer

Me: I dont care who you are, you make false allegations against me and that is slander. You have no proof

Guest: Yes I do, this confirmation showing a balance after I already paid it is my proof and I am taking it to my lawyer

Me: and I am sure he will laugh at you

Guest: how dare you, you god damn thief. I will have you arrested you scumbag..........

I just hung up on her

I see.. your beginning to snap. However I agree with you, slander = not good.
    Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
    pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

seriously, is wrong with your customers?

if money is such a problem, maybe you should rob them...

Comment

I get this at my work alot, where they'll make a payment a day after the invoice is generated and sent out. I have to explain constantly they just crossed in the mail. However, Dave's customer above made four steps ahead in the illogical race by jumping to the conclusion he stole their credit card. I have no idea how she intends to prove that.

Comment

Amazing how people jump to the conclusion that you stole their credit card number more and more often. I bet it has to do with every 4th commercial is about credit card fraud, or credit ratings.

If every third or forth advertisement was about the danger of bears, or bear insurance, or bear protection, people would never leave their houses.

To illustrate, remember when killer bees were constantly on the news? Every bee nest then became a killer bee nest!

Never fear... this credit fraud thing is about over. Some new thing like I don't know Alligator Home Invasions will be the new crisis soon.
          "Wow, that has to be the best genital analogy EVER. "

Comment

Good Lord! She's too stupid to call her credit card company? They'd tell her right away what company charged her card and what the amount was... No, she'd rather yell at people...

Comment

Point of order, that's not slander.

Slander only applies when it materials lowers the opinion a third party has of you when they hear it. As long as they say it only to you, it's still just insults and posturing (which aren't illegal by law). If they threatened to tell other people, then you'd have a case. Sorry.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth MTNLaurelPoacher View Post
                If every third or forth advertisement was about the danger of bears, or bear insurance, or bear protection, people would never leave their houses.
                Hey, now, let's not go downplaying the seriousness of the bear crisis! There's a reason they feature so prominently in the Threat Down!
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I wonder how she would have dealt with a situation I had once.

July- see dr. on employer's insurance.
                  August early. job ends
                  August late. Get bill from dr, get note from insurance saying we paid, so don't
                  Sept, get note from dr saying pay! get note from Ins. saying don't, we really did pay!

btw, if no charges showed up at all, how does she know you stole the cc #?

Comment

I used to get this at my call center when someone would pay their bill in advance of recieving it in the mail and then call in and threaten us because we were apparently trying to "double bill" them.
                    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth MTNLaurelPoacher View Post
                      Some new thing like I don't know Alligator Home Invasions will be the new crisis soon.
                      That is already a problem for VRS' customers: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=41425
                      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

"Ma'am, if I had stolen your credit card number, don't you think you'd see some charges on your account OTHER than your bloody purchase? Like, say, for a dinner at a swanky restaurant, a new wardrobe from a nice department store, or the full body oil "massage" private lap dance and champagne shower combo deal from Pandora's Pleasure Palace?"

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Honestly, all it takes is a phone call! I had a dr. bill, for the portion my insurance didn't cover. I admit I forgot about it, and paid it maybe 5 weeks after I got it. I remmeber I mailed it out right around Jan 1, and the check was cashed on the 5th or so. I then got a statement from the dr., dated 1/12. All I had to do was call and verify, since it was a week, and i wanted to make sure my payment had been properly credited. Took me about 2 minutes to have them tell me i had a zero balance.

some people are just nuts.

Comment

I'd tell that idiot, "Ma'am, if your credit card number was stolen, you'd have a lot more to worry about than just a charge missing."
                            Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Working...
                            X