This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's your mistake but it's still my fault? LONG

OKAY! I had to wait on posting this one because my retractable claws don't allow me to type very well.

So, the call comes in and it states that the breakdown location is:

ABC St & 123rd St.

Nothing more. At first, there was no number to call the member back - so it becomes a crap shoot because on this particular intersection is a large medical university. There are a TON, I mean TONS of lots and side streets and whatnot in this area. The location as it is in the call is extremely vague.

Then I notice that the call has been changed to add a callback number! Great! I call them not once, not twice, but THREE times and the phone just rings and rings and rings - no voicemail, nothing! I called two times before the driver arrived on location and once when he got there - they never answered. (Our number comes across as an 800 number on caller ID - but still - if you are expecting service - don't you think you'd answer any call that came across on the off chance it MAY BE FREAKIN' IMPORTANT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! )

So, driver arrives on location - can't find the vehicle - surprise, surprise! I can't get a hold of the person...when this happens, the drivers are to wait in the general area for 15 minutes and then move on. So, he waits and then moves on. I cancel the call.

Ten minutes later...a priority call comes across, the priority code signals "member did not receive service the first time" Well, duh!

This time, the call is set up on:

ABC St & 124th St

and states the vehicle is by "flashing yellow light"

Okay, still vague as hell! So, I call the member and HE FREAKIN' ANSWERS THIS TIME!

I ask him to clarify which street the vehicle is actually sitting on. He tells me it's on ABC St just west past 124th St.

I asked him to clarify the "flashing yellow light" thing and he stated that he was in a construction zone. Why that was not put in the notes is beyond me!

I apologized and told him that the original call was listed one block away and that I had tried to call him and he said, "I know, I made a mistake." So, I tell him that the driver will be there shortly. He starts in on me, "YOU NEED TO GET HIM HERE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! I'VE ALREADY HAD TO CANCEL ONE SURGERY THIS MORNING!"

Oh, you're yelling at me because you told us the wrong location and now you missed someone's surgery? I hope you are not a brain or heart surgeon and forget the location of your tools while working and end up sewing someone up with a sponge stuck inside!

The saga continues when the driver does reach the member again - the member is IRATE - calling the person who took the call a "Stupid bitch" because SHE got the location wrong! He continued on stating that the callback number was wrong too!

So, I checked the call - in both calls they were different numbers - VASTLY different numbers. (I did not catch this when I called back after the second call was put through the system) If a call taker flubs a number - it's usually off by one number or two numbers have been switched backwards or something simple - this is the only way they make mistakes - trust me! The two numbers were COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! The only thing the same was the area code! This, in my opinion, is not the call takers fault! Since he gave the wrong location, I am willing to bet he gave the wrong freakin' number too! Plus, he never said anything to me about the number being wrong when I mentioned to him that I tried to call him!

And this dude does surgeries?
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Yeah, what city is thiss? I want to make sure I never get this moron. I might find a rib spreader or something inside me after the surgery.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Perhaps the surgery that he had to cancel was his own lobotomy?
      ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
        Yeah, what city is thiss? I want to make sure I never get this moron. I might find a rib spreader or something inside me after the surgery.
        Omaha - shh
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Note to self: Avoid that city!
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
            Note to self: Avoid that city!
            No, just avoid surgeons in that city!
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
            X