X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A whole trip of sucky passengers

Just come back off a 3 day trip and had a few gems:

Passenger: Why can't we take off? I'm late for my VERY important meeting
    Me: Well as the Captain has just explained, there has been a lot of snow and it's not safe for us to take off right now, the wings are being de-iced and hopefully we will can get going soon.
    Passenger: This isn't acceptable!
    Me: Well, neither is crashing after take-off due to ice build up on the wings.

Ok maybe I was a bit blunt but the passenger was quite rude and at least my comment shut him up.

Also had flight to Geneva which is always full of passengers with severe entitlement issues and general all round snobbery.

Passenger: My son cannot eat this sandwich, it has far too much mayo!
    Me: These are the only sandwiches we have I'm afraid.
    Passenger: Can you get me some food from business class then AT LEAST?
    Me: I'm afraid not, they only cater for the exact numbers of passengers.
    Passenger: Well he CANNOT eat this, can't you get another sandwich?
    Me: Unfortunately we do not have a Subway attached to the plane so the answer is no.

The passenger just stared at me and shut her mouth.

Flight full of people who cannot say please or thanks and throw their rubbish at you like you are a maid. I said 'you're very welcome' to everyone who was rude in the manner and it really pissed them off

The best way to handle these people is firmly othewise you will be running round after them all flight.
    No longer a flight atttendant!

You can always tell them that if they want another sandwich then they're free to walk out the door & fly down to the nearest sandwhich place...5 miles below!....lol.

Comment

You should be a stewardess here in the US. A passenger smarting off to one is sufficient grounds for arrest by the Feds under the "Patriot Act". I'm not making it up either for debate. It's a FACT! That's because doing that can be classified as "interfering with flight crew", a federal crime, as well as being slapped with a felony.
      Last edited by ditchdj; 02-08-2009, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
        You should be a stewardess here in the US. A passenger smarting off to one is sufficient grounds for arrest by the Feds under the "Patriot Act". I'm not making it up either for debate. It's a FACT! That's because doing that can be classified as "interfering with flight crew", a federal crime, as well as being slapped with a felony.
        I wish we had that here.

Comment

It would be interesting to turn on the news and see that an entire flight of passengers had been arrested.

Comment

It happened once a few years back when a whole flight got stranded on the tarmac for eight hours. The passengers were raising such a ruckus about it Federal agents finally herded them off the plane and into a empty room for two hours. Afterwards they were finally allowed to re-book under the warning that anyone that basically opens their mouth goes to jail. I know people in law enforcement and stuff like this rarely gets publicized. Just because you don't hear about it doesn't mean it didnt happen. There could be a "Rob Smith" in Florida that went to the bathroom at 10am this morning. Just because I didnt hear about doesn't necessarily mean it didn't happen.

Comment

We of course have Air Navigation Orders:

Article 59A

- No person shall while on an aircraft:
              a, use any threatening, abusive or insulting words towards a member of the crew
              b, behave in a threatening, abusive, insulting or disorderly manner towards the crew of the aircraft; or,
              c, intentionally interfere with the performance by a crew member of his duties

Article. 59: Every person on board an aircraft must obey the lawful commands of the commander.

Sadly, people moaning about food and being generally rude and entitled would not be grounds for having them arrested.

Comment

Quoth PrincessKatieAirHostess View Post
                I wish we had that here.
                No. No you don't. You might enjoy the provisions of it that protect you as a flight attendant, but other parts of it that infringe on your civil liberties are not so nice, and I don't think you would find it worth it in the long run.

And now I shall step off my soapbox as I feel the burning glare in my back of moderators who are thinking, "Oh, that is dangerously close to fratching territory!"

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth PrincessKatieAirHostess View Post
                  We of course have Air Navigation Orders:

Article 59A

- No person shall while on an aircraft:
                  a, use any threatening, abusive or insulting words towards a member of the crew
                  b, behave in a threatening, abusive, insulting or disorderly manner towards the crew of the aircraft; or,
                  c, intentionally interfere with the performance by a crew member of his duties

Article. 59: Every person on board an aircraft must obey the lawful commands of the commander.

Sadly, people moaning about food and being generally rude and entitled would not be grounds for having them arrested.
                  That law sounds a little too vague. Over here a lawyer could easily argue the meaning of it and could likely drag out a long court battle over what can be constituted as "threatening, abusive, or insulting" words. Like it someone told you "Your mom wears combat boots". Maybe insulting to one person but I wouldn't care.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    And now I shall step off my soapbox as I feel the burning glare in my back of moderators who are thinking, "Oh, that is dangerously close to fratching territory!"
                    Too Late.

Thread Closed
                    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
                    X