Guest: yea Dave, I am coming this weekend and I need an early check in

Me: ok we dont give early check ins prior to the day of arrival

Guest: but its not booked before me

Me: right but we may get a last minute

Guest: well I need to know now so we can plan stuff

Me: call me the day of arrival

Guest: no I need to know now

Me: well I cant say now

Guest: fine whatever........I am looking at maybe coming in the Friday night but since I am not getting in until late, I was wondering if I could stay that night at no cost

Me: absolutely not

Guest: well if nobody is renting it anyway, what difference does it make?

Me: because we dont give our homes and villas away

Guest: I am paying for the rest of my stay

Me: right but you pay for each night you spend there

Guest: even though I am not getting in until really late?

Me: it doesnt matter

Guest: you know I had friends who recommended you people but you are not delivering the kind of service I expected. I want you to know I am not happy with your company.

Me: I'm very sorry

Guest: well sorry doesnt cut it, Dave.....you have ruined my vacation...how does that make you feel?

Me: again I am very sorry

Guest: stop dodging the question

Me: I'm not

Guest: I asked how that made you feel, not whether you were sorry or not. It should make you feel like shit. You oughta be ashamed of yourself to work for this company.

Me: I am sorry you feel that way

Guest: stop saying you're sorry, its really irritating me

Me: what would you have me say?

Guest: I want you to say that I can either get in early saturday or stay Friday at no extra charge

Me: I cant do that

Guest: oh I see you're just a nobody, let me talk to someone who can give me what I want

Me: One moment

She rings back

Guest: Dave, is this a joke? I got a voicemail. I need to talk to someone now.

Me: The manager wont be back until tommorow

Guest: well I have to make plans today, call them at home

Me: no ma'am

Guest: no? who are you to tell me no?

Me: I am Dave

Guest: Dave, you are gonna cause me to have a nervous breakdown. I will sue you personally if that happens

Me: thats ok, you wont get much

Guest: God damn you.........you son of a bitch.......

CLICK

Ew, what an EW.

I probably would have picked up a bit of snark with that guest.

"How does that make you feel?"
    "I'm very sorry, sir."
    "I didn't ask if you were sorry, I asked how that made you feel!"
    "It made me feel sorry, sir."

Comment

Guest: Dave, you are gonna cause me to have a nervous breakdown. I will sue you personally if that happens

OMG that was awesome.

Comment

Where do these people COME from that they think "not giving away something for free" equals "bad service"? Seriously.

Only once in my life have I gotten a discounted hotel room. I was driving back to Phoenix from northern Arizona, and had been going a long, LONG time (had driven to northern AZ from Phoenix earlier that day to DJ a wedding--five hour drive each way). By the time I got to Flagstaff, I knew I couldn't go anymore, so found the nearest hotel and checked in. Since it was so late (around 1 or 2 am as I recall), the clerk was nice enough to give me the room at half price, but I never actually asked for that. I thought it was nice, but I did not expect it, and certainly would not have DEMANDED it!

That woman needs to be drop kicked into next month.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck View Post

CLICK
          The threat to sue is something I have never received but it would be fun.
          "Please do sue me, I am sure the court will side with you and decide I should have given you things that aren't mine for free. I will be so glad when you get my possessions, I hope you enjoy my broken printer and stained duvet cover."

Comment

i love how they think that the magic word "sue" will get them everything in the universe for free

hell even lawyers will laugh at them

Comment

Whenever you quote a customer using your name, I can't help but think of HAL from 2001.
              Except you're the one saying "I'm afraid I can't do that."

And now I have a visual of a guy wearing a telephone headset, standing with hands on hips, saying "I am DAVE"

You really should work on your customer service skills, you know.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

CLICK
                Sounds like something the Gord would say.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Why does every SC call you by your name anyway? I understand you probably have to give the "This is Dave; how may I help you" spiel at the start of the call but does everybody feel the need to be that personal or more likely just the sucky ones?

Then again, we got rid of the name tags years ago at the custard stand so I suppose I've gotten used to not having strangers call me by name. Ugh, I just triggered some flashbacks.

Comment

Quoth Danno View Post
                    Why does every SC call you by your name anyway? I understand you probably have to give the "This is Dave; how may I help you" spiel at the start of the call but does everybody feel the need to be that personal or more likely just the sucky ones?
                    They probably think it will help their cause. Personally, it would just make me less inclined to give in.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth vacation_rentals_suck

Marry me, please?

Comment

Quoth Danno View Post
                        Then again, we got rid of the name tags years ago at the custard stand so I suppose I've gotten used to not having strangers call me by name.
                        I'm okay with being called just about anything, so long as it's not derogatory... hell, given the chance, I'd wear other people's name tags.
                        "Karen! Hey, Karen!"
                        *look around, check name tag* "Nope, that's not me today..."
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Me: no ma'am

CLICK
                          Bwahahahahahaha!

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                            And now I have a visual of a guy wearing a telephone headset, standing with hands on hips, saying "I am DAVE"

I read the "I am Dave" line like Leonidas's "This is Sparta!!"
                            "...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?!" ~ Kalga

"DO NOT ENRAGE THE MIGHTY SKY DRAGON." ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

rofl... all we ahve to do now is convince VSR to use HAL as his avatar...

Comment

Working...
                              X