X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jester View Post

How Not To Get a Job 101

1. Be one of the above clueless smokers.
    2. After settling in for a couple of drinks and some munchies, ask for an application. Nothing says "Hire me!" like having a cocktail while you fill out the application.
    3. Make sure you tell the bartender serving you that you've been a waitress for years.
    4. Despite the above alleged experience, when the bill comes, leave less than a 10% tip.
    5. After paying the bill and leaving an inexcusable tip for an alleged waitress, order one more cocktail for the road, and leave NO tip for that one, despite it being one of the most labor intensive drinks known to man.
    6. Do all of the above with the only person in the establishment who has had any contact with you, so that when you come back with your application, they will surely remember you.
    7. Bonus points if said employee happens to be in good with the hiring manager. Really good.

This was how my Tuesday began. And people wonder why I drink.....
    So, did she get the job?

I mean, she's gotta be better than Turd.
    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

I haven't seen her since. But then, I had both Saturday and Sunday off.

Of course, I can't picture Rockin' Manager hiring her. And better than Turd? Well....I think that's almost a wash on that one. Though I would LOVE to see him gone.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Pousse Cafe
        I heard about this one from my great uncle. You use a spoon to carefully float 4-6 (I forget how many) types of alcohol into a shotglass so that they're distinct bands rather than mixing.

What used to tick him off is not the effort that went into it, but that the people that ordered it would immediately take a toothpick and stir it all up before drinking it.

Comment

Quoth crashhelmet View Post
          Compared to other drinks though, mashing/smashing/bashing the fruit, sugar, and bitters takes more work than simply grabbing another bottle of liquor or using a blender.
          The old fashioneds I get have no muddled fruit in them. I think they have whiskey, bitters, simple syrup, and garnished with a cherry and orange slice. They're also good with a dash of Grenadine.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Jester
            I should have known that it would take two employees well over ten minutes to figure out how to print out a bill that already existed and hand it to me. I wish I was exaggerating. Perhaps the Comcast employees have taken Bill Slowski's attitude too much to heart.
            It's Comcast. These are the people who fall asleep on your couch when they should be doing an install. They have a lower customer satisfaction rating than the IRS. Seriously.

"In 2004 and 2007, the American Customer Satisfaction Index survey found that Comcast had the worst customer satisfaction rating of any company or government agency in the country, including the Internal Revenue Service."

Quoth Jester
            To add to my misery, Boss Man inexplicably opened the doors fifteen minutes early. Which kind of threw my schedule into, as they say, a cocked hat.
            I have never heard anyone say that before. But I shall now endeavour to say it as much as possible.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
              I have never heard anyone say that before. But I shall now endeavour to say it as much as possible.
              I had never heard of Loaches before a recent post by you. And yet they exist.

It is, admittedly, an older phrase, and one more likely to be used by Brits than Americanos or Canuckstandlians. But definitely one I've heard.

Kind of nice to know that something I said, recycled though it may be, is something that will be entering someone else's vocabulary on a semi-regular basis.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                The old fashioneds I get have no muddled fruit in them. I think they have whiskey, bitters, simple syrup, and garnished with a cherry and orange slice. They're also good with a dash of Grenadine.
                A proper Old Fashioned should start with a cherry, muddled with a cube of sugar soaked in a dash or three of bitters. Add ice, then whiskey, scotch, rye, or bourbon of one's choice, and topped with just a splash of seltzer.

At least, that was my grandfather's recipe, and I had several customers who loved my Old Fashioneds.

Comment

Working...
                X