• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• annoying

Guest: yea Dave, I am looking for an oceanfront house for two weeks in June

I tell her what's available

Guest: can I look at it online?

I direct her to the website

Guest: hmmm....it looks rather old......I dont like that, what else do you have?

I give her another property

Guest: oh no, these houses are very old and tired looking. I'm used to something more upscale....what else do you have?

I give another one to look at

Guest: well Dave, I like that one but I am still a little apprehensive because it doesnt show a picture of the master bathroom..........when was it last refinished and does the bathroom have Moen faucets?

Me: I'm not really sure

Guest: well this is the best of the properties you have shown me but I have to know about the bathroom and your website doesnt give any comments about the furniture? How old is it and where did the owners buy it from?

Me: we dont really know

Guest: hmmmm.....this looks nice but there arent enough pictures....is the pool at the front or back of the house?

Me: at the front

Guest: well I mean is it directly in front of it or is it at an angle?

Me: not sure

Guest: how much shade does the pool get?

Me: well I dont think there are any trees there

Guest: ok......you know what, I dont think I do like that house, the windows in the living room are too narrow. Any other suggestions?

Me: thats about all I have

Guest: so all these other places arent available

Me: apparently not (I was lying through my teeth to get rid of this woman)

Guest: well I like this property here and it says online it is open but oh wait I just dont like the bedspread in that 3rd bedroom...well I will take a look around and call you back

Is that stick in her ass straight in or is it at an angle?
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
      Is that stick in her ass straight in or is it at an angle?
      Depends on how much sunlight/shade her ass needs to grow.

Comment

I've seen picky.

I've seen anal.

I've seen ridiculously anal.

But this is fucking ridiculous.

She didn't like the BEDSPREAD? She was concerned about Moen FAUCETS? It's not like she's fucking BUYING the place, she's just renting it for, what, a week? A month?

Oh my flipping tap-dancing LORD! I would like to think this woman has bigger worries than this piddly shit.

If not, I am really wishing bigger problems to worry about upon her ridiculous ass.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

I know when I go on vacation that the sun might shine the whole time and the water is warm and the beach is nice but if the faucets are not Moen it would ruin it for me.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            If not, I am really wishing bigger problems to worry about upon her ridiculous ass.
            Silly Jester. If you had enough money that a few grand literally was pocket change, you'd realize how utterly catastrophic these problems are. (just kidding)

And wait 'til they find out there's no butler on staff.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Obsessive compulsive much?
              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I wish I had HER problems!
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Dear, dear Dave. I feel for you.

I'm almost sure you don't have Moen faucets in your own house. I know that that lady (and I use the term loosely) would not approve of our bedspread. It's one of the first quilts Mom made. So what if some of the blocks don't face the proper way? It's warm, it's beautiful and it's ours.

Tough noogies, people! You're on vacation! Enjoy the every little bit of difference you will experience. There have been times when I yearned for eye-bleach when I saw the crazy fruit salad that was the decor of cabins we've had on ships. My DH had a problem with the tiny size of rooms in old-style European hotels.

But hey, the place was spotless. All the plumbing worked and the beds were very comfy. You can adapt. More than that, you can learn to enjoy the experience.

Unfortunately Dave, the idiots you have to deal with want everything to be exactly as they want. What would satisfy them? The only think I can imagine would be a telephone call like this:

D = Dave, our Hero

SC = We all know that, don't we?

OSC =

SC: Dave, the property isn't right for us. The place is too old looking and I don't like the bedspread in the third bedroom. Also, the pool needs more shading. We'll need to have that done, Dave. The faucets will need to be replaced and, of course, we'll get a fifty per-cent discount because we stayed with you about ten years ago.

D: Of course we'll do that! In fact we have the crew of Extreme Make-Over Home Edition standing at the ready to raze the house and build something to your specifications. They're starting on it right now. It'll be ready when you move in next week.

OSC: Dave, I'm hearing land movers. They're tearing down a house and we're getting a lot of dust in our pool. This isn't acceptable, Dave. We need to be compensated for the full cost of our stay.

D: Of course, Sir. (In your dreams)
                  Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Comment

oh wait I just dont like the bedspread in that 3rd bedroom
                    it's a bedspread. close your eyes when you sleep and you won't notice it.

and faucets... if they don't spout rust-water i'm usually happy.
                    very picky!

Comment

Did this EW actually expect VRS Dave to redecorate the unit to her liking?!
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                      X