This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor FSM (longish)

she had a lot of idiots on sat, but these two took the cake.

SC #1

This woman is a constant trouble-maker in our store. Always claiming stuff was labeled cheaper (while the tags are nowhere near each other), trying to take advantage of next weeks flier this week (some newspapers deliver them a few days early) and generally being a pain in the but.
    This time she was on about our points program. For those without us commies, our program lets you take dollar values off your purchase in denominations of 5, 10, 25, 55, 75 and 150 depending on how many points you have. She had wanted to redeem for $25 off her purchase, but the cashier accidentally took off her whole point balance instead of just the amount needed for the $25. Doesn't happen often, but it does happen.
    She comes into the store several days after this happens, and pitches a fit. So we get the FSM for her at her request, and our FSM agrees that it was a mistake and gives her the balance lost back, plus an additional 1000 points (which you would have to spend about $100 to get). Well that just wasn't good enough for her, she wanted her ENTIRE balance back, so basically getting the $25 in merch she bought for free.
    Well... like hell that'll happen. FMS gave her a flat-out no, saying we corrected the error and gave her an additional 1000 points, and that's all she is able to do for her. Woman doesn't understand. This wash-rinse-repeats for about ten min, and finally the FMS just keeps saying “well if you call (store hot line) they might be able to help you more.” Woman finally leaves.

SC #2

This one came up to my counter (for some reason to them photo=service counter) wanting to do a return. Problems are that it was bought in Dec, making it well past the 30 day return policy, and that it was a christmas stock item. So I told her no, it was past the 30 days She asks if she can have an exchange. I doubted it but to humor her I said I would ask once the FSM was free, but she would probably say no. So while we waited for the FSM to be done with SC #1, she went around to find something near the same price to exchange with.
    Poor FSM finished with SC#1 and I waved her over, explaining the situation. She says (anyone surprised?) no, and hangs around to talk to the women if I need her. SC2 comes back and when I tell her nope, she starts arguing with me, and reading our return policy on the receipt, points out that nowhere does it say exchanges under 30 days, just refunds. FSM takes over.
    Not only does the FSM tell her she is out of luck, she says if she was to do an exchange it would have to be for the exact same item, which we no longer have. Then she also says that since it is seasonal stock we don't have to exchange at all. The woman still insists it says nothing on the receipt about exchanges, and goes off on broken-record time. FSM tells her to hang on a minute.
    FSM goes back to her office and goes on our store site, printing off the entire refund, exchange, and everything ironclad store return policy of doom. DOOM I SAY! Or at least that was the way the lady acted. She circled the policies saying that we do not do refunds or exchanges after 30 days, that refunds on any seasonal items are up to management discretion even under the 30 days, and circles the part on the womans receipt that says for full refund exclusions and exceptions to visit the store website.
    Woman blows a gasket and demands to speak to FSMs manager. FSM says that she is the head manager of the store. The customer demands the owners name, and the manager smiles and says “well, his name is (blank) and he'll be in next week. Have a great day” and gives her a big ol' grin. Woman grabs her bag and huffs off. Score 2 for FSM.
    Though she and I didn't get along for quite a while when she first became our FSM, damn am I glad we are lucky enough to have one that won't take bullpoop.
    Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Quoth siead_lietrathua View Post
    FSM goes back to her office and goes on our store site, printing off the entire refund, exchange, and everything ironclad store return policy of doom. DOOM I SAY! Or at least that was the way the lady acted. She circled the policies saying that we do not do refunds or exchanges after 30 days, that refunds on any seasonal items are up to management discretion even under the 30 days, and circles the part on the womans receipt that says for full refund exclusions and exceptions to visit the store website.
    Holy crap, a manager with a spine!
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
      Holy crap, a manager with a spine!
      Seconded!
      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quick, somebody grab him and clone him immediatly!

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
          Quick, somebody grab him and clone him immediatly!
          I want a manger like that.

Comment

Wish we had a manager like that at Walmart. We had a woman return 7 of the large christmas gift baskets in April. Yes, you read that correctly. Management let this woman not only return them, but return them for the full value they were originally bought for. The immediately were taken to the clearence aisle.
            Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

Quoth RedRoseSpiral View Post
              Wish we had a manager like that at Walmart. We had a woman return 7 of the large christmas gift baskets in April. Yes, you read that correctly. Management let this woman not only return them, but return them for the full value they were originally bought for. The immediately were taken to the clearence aisle.
              It's Wally World. You expected differently?
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

It's SDM. You expect customers to NOT scam the optimum system? Although the bonus redemption days are nice.
                Otaku

Comment

I think i just saw a pig fly!!! a manager that can freakin tell off a SC and not to just give them free shit!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X