Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-I also agree that old money folks are a lot nicer than the new money folks.

-Lawyers and accountants are either the nicest people to deal with, or the most obnoxious. Nothing in between.

-"Use-to-be-big-shots" tend to be difficult to deal with, as they struggle to cope with the loss of their former glory (i.e. retired politicians, CEOs etc....)
    -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
    -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Working in retail, there are definitely groups that can be categorized as horrible customers- but for the sake of not being insulting or sounding prejudiced, I won't mention them.

In defense of some college kids/high school kids- myself and my group of friends were always AWESOME tippers. We knew we were teens, we knew we were obnoxious, so we always made up for it in our tip to our wait staff. We went to the local diner so much, that we always requested the same guy (who we were all on a first name basis with) and we always tipped him well.
      There was only one time I can recall that my group of friends stiffed a waitress, and that was because she cursed us out...
      I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

I'm the only one among my group of high school and college friends, I was the only one that waitressed. However, I never had to remind any of them to leave a larger tip -- we always tipped sufficiently, if not more so (since I tend to leave v. large tips. )

This isn't the same as a restaurant, but the bookstore cafe I work a shift in on occasion has found that, in our area:

middle-class women and mothers of any sort are the worst tippers.

mid-twenties to middle-aged men are the best tippers

Senior citizens can go either way: either demanding everything and leaving nothing, or demanding nothing and leaving a nice tip.

A single twenty-something or younger woman will tip, but if she's with a friend or group she won't.

Naturally, there's always exceptions to the rule.
        Last edited by Threesidedorchid; 10-30-2006, 10:30 PM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

Ooh, I've got one!

Women in business suits who are drinking Diet Coke (this seems to be "their" drink of choice) will buy more Diet Coke, Perrier water, and a single-serving boxed salad. And sometimes, cigarrettes. Light.
          ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

Having gone from retail to a government office I've seen some huge differences in the way employees act.

Retail employees I don't think I need to explain . Government employees, from what I've seen, are SCs in stores and in their own workplaces. They tend to be demanding, slow, ignorant and an alarming number are morbidly obese who expect everyone else to bend over backwards for them. They tend to be the "funny" type of customers who spew out lines like "it must be free!" if an item doesn't scan the first time. I really don't belong in an office with people like this.

People from South of the Border. I don't know what they do for living and I don't care. These are the ones who cross to shop not work. Their Asshattedness puts American snobs to shame any day. They make rediculous demands and haggle, then follow up with threats if they don't get what they want. We've probably called the cops more because of people like this than we did for druggies and gang bangers. They were known as TJ Trash at the store I worked at.
            "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Personally, I found that many of the Mexicans (mostly migrant workers) who shopped from me would be amazing tippers. Even when I kept trying to say I couldn't take a tip they'd find ways to give them to me. Oddly enough I also found that many were Jehovah's Witnesses. Not that it's a bad thing, just struck me as strange.

Tip wise, I found that Military Recruiters tended to be on the fence. Some of them would tip great, but others were real tools. The constant seemed to be the recruiting cards. It didn't matter how someone tipped, all of them would slip one of those cards in.
              Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Working...
              X