This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
    The error is "happily", meaning that he was in fact not, but that's what he *said*. Happily is being noted as an error.
    Yes, thank you. I was going to point that out and...fell asleep instead, lol

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
      Yes, thank you. I was going to point that out and...fell asleep instead, lol
      Ah....Maybe I was tired, meself, when I read it.

PS, I love that sig, Hobbs
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Ah....Maybe I was tired, meself, when I read it.

PS, I love that sig, Hobbs
        You can just envision old-school Arnie in barbarian clothing w/ a tie saying that, can't you?

Or is it just me and I'm weird? lol

Comment

Only problem with waiting to get her off the clock is she might think he's a stalker by then

I'd say make a few more trips in there and get some more idle-chat action, and then very nicely ask her out to lunch.
          Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

Quoth Kyree View Post
            Only problem with waiting to get her off the clock is she might think he's a stalker by then

I'd say make a few more trips in there and get some more idle-chat action, and then very nicely ask her out to lunch.
            Thanks, I think I'll try that.

And thanks to everyone else for your advice too. I greatly appreciate it as I'm not very good when it comes to matters of the fairer sex...

Comment

Quoth Kyree View Post

eh, it's stalking either way, whether he waits for hours and hours or comes by every few days 'just to chat.'

Best pickup line in the world? "Hello." Don't over complicate things. It's just as likely to end in fire and tears either way, but it takes longer to get there.
              "Joi's CEO is about as sneaky and subtle as a two year old on crack driving an air craft carrier down Broadway." - Broomjockey

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
                Okay! Considering all the “don’t hit on me” posts…is there a proper time/way to hit on a worker? Note that I didn’t do anything that night, I was just making idle talk as she worked on our order. sorry if this question is inapropriate, i just wanted some CS input.

I'd say no to this one hun. I've not met many of my fellow ovary bearing gender that find it too fabulous when they get hit on at work. It's mostly cause it creates the "If I do like you...well it's inappropriate" but "If I dont like you.... I cant shoot you down even nicely with out sounding like a jerk and possibly getting in touble" thing...

I did get a complaint once from a guy... complained to my SV that I was "rude" and had "Very bad customer service" Because when he asked me "Hey babe. Why don't you give me your ## and we can hang some time"... I said..."*nervous laugh* Uh, sorry but No."
                "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                -Red

Comment

Quoth Automan Empire View Post
                  In steps the English major!

[sic] is a latin abbreviation, short for "He said it." It is used after an uncommon or incorrect spelling or usage is rewritten verbatim, to indicate the error was in the original.

People sometimes come up with the backronym "Spelled In Correctly."
                  In steps the geek who took latin for four years-

"Sic" is not an abbreviation. It is a latin word that means, "thus." It is used to acknowledge that the error was in the original being quoted.

Comment

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
                    I'd say no to this one hun. I've not met many of my fellow ovary bearing gender that find it too fabulous when they get hit on at work. It's mostly cause it creates the "If I do like you...well it's inappropriate" but "If I dont like you.... I cant shoot you down even nicely with out sounding like a jerk and possibly getting in touble" thing...

I did get a complaint once from a guy... complained to my SV that I was "rude" and had "Very bad customer service" Because when he asked me "Hey babe. Why don't you give me your ## and we can hang some time"... I said..."*nervous laugh* Uh, sorry but No."
                    Um, should I point out this isn't a CW...? I work @ Ross, she works @ Starbucks...like, five stores down.

Comment

Working...
                    X