This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky teen customers

Whilst heading to work today, I drop off at a KFC, and while patiently waiting in line, a teenage boy cuts in front of everyone, asking for a large drink.

The server, seeing that he wouldn't be nice, decides to get the kid his drink. The kid gets his drink, I watch him sip down a full gladd, then REFILL it, and sip a good ammount of it. The salesperson is kindly helping more people when the kid walks up to him and says that the soda is watered down, and he wants a new glass.

The salesperson reaches for the glass, when the kid says "never mind, i want my money back." I then interfere.

STC: little brat
    D: Evil SOB
    SM: Kid's mom
    MG: Manager

D: You don't need your money back, you already had a full glass, then a half of one. Finish your drink and get out of here.
    STC: No way man, it was watered down. I want my money back.
    D: Listen. You cut in line, while we all are waiting for service. You go over to the drink fountain and fill up, then drink that, fill up again, and drink half that cup. By all rights you paid for the service you requested. 2 other people have gotten drinks, and they didn't complain. You spent your money, got your drink, and now you want your money back. That's attuned to theft.
    MG: You drank a full cup then refilled it? Ok, you can go now.
    STC: I want my money back
    D: Are you stupid? You bought your drink, you drank your drink. Leave these people alone.
    STC: I'm gonna get my mom.
    D: whatever...

a few minutes later, woman charges to the manager with kid in tow...

SM: My son wanted a drink, and it was watered down. You water down your drinks and he wants his money back. Give him his money back.
    MG: Ma'am, he paid for his drink, and filled his cup twice. Now if he hadn't gotten the refill, I would have given him his money back, but this gentleman here(gestures to me) says he refilled his cup.
    SM: You are a liar. My son did not do that. he told me so.
    STC: It was watered down. I want my money back.
    D: Ma'am, I saw him fill his cup, drink it, then refill his cup and drink more.
    SM: Well I want him to have his money back. He should never have come in here for a drink.
    MG: He paid for his drink, then got his drink. I am not going to refund his money.
    SM: Well, I'm never coming here again. ***storms out, dragging her precious son***
    D: And on that day ma'am, Satan will be skating to work.

Now I admit The manager could have saved him a lot of grief and refunded the kids money, but I am glad he stuck by the policies of commerce. Maybe I should be tarred and feathered but if you drink it you bought it.
    I did not sell my soul to Satan. He does have a long term lease with the option to buy.

Well, I wonder if he would've caved had you not said anything?
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Sucky teens

Probably, but I wasn't about to allow some brat think he can pull a fast one just because they're busy.

I did not sell my soul to Satan. He does have a long term lease with the option to buy.

Comment

Quoth Deceptitech View Post
        Maybe I should be tarred and feathered but if you drink it you bought it.
        HELL no!

If that drink was "watered down" in that kid's opinion, he should be thoroughly "tarred" with soda pop syrup and made to stand outside on a hot summer day and become "feathered" with bees!

Kudos to you for speaking up! I, too, wonder if the manager would have caved if you hadn't? Having you as a back up may have given him the courage to hold his ground.
        Meow.........

Comment

Probably, but I wasn't about to allow some brat think he can pull a fast one just because they're busy.

Absolutely! Good for you for standing up to the scammer!
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

SM: Well, I'm never coming here again. ***storms out, dragging her precious son***
            D: And on that day ma'am, Satan will be skating to work.

Good one!!!!!!!!!!
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
            X