This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few from the Rec

Nothing really spectacular happens at the Rec Center, so it takes awhile for stories worth posting to pile up

And that makes it okay why?

Background: At the Rec, there is the main weight room and then the smaller power lifting room. In the small room there is a bench/machine that allows the user to assume a squat-like position to lift an attached bar between their legs to work the arms and upper back. For some reason, some of the patrons bypass this machine, grab a bench press bar, jam one end into a corner and add weight to do this lift.

I've only caught 3 patrons this semester and told them not to do this, as it damages the building. The last person I caught really irritated me. When I told him to stop, he acted as if I just destroyed all forms of happiness in the world. As he was leaving, he says snottily "Everyone always did this." Boo-frickety-hoo to you buddy. I know for a fact that people only got away with damaging the corners of the walls because they hid what they were doing.

Do you think we have a switchboard?
    To get into the Rec, the patron needs either their school ID or a member ID. A couple of weeks ago, the register worker answered the phone and got a women who needed help with her school ID not working. My coworker tells her that she has to talk to the ID office; CW even gives the girl the phone number. Then I hear my CW say "What? No, I can't transfer you to <ID office>. You have to call them." My CW and I just shook our heads at eachother after she hung up the phone.

Wait!!..What!?
    Just last week, something happened and I still don't know how the patron thought it would work. Here's what I could over hear. In a nutshell, a patron sold their non-school membership card to someone else. The cards have the name and picture of the member. The patron who sold the card was caught because he had went to the ID office to get a new card. ID office called us to make sure he was a member.
    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm
Working...
X