Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pfft... besides... of course a terrorist asking for info would claim to not be a terrorist. those social networking skills for getting info etc.

What is it with people on the phone demanding to know where they've called and your first and last name.
    people who want personal info
    jerks
    or... in one case i had... a guy illegally breaking into his wife's phone bill and scouting out all calls she made to ensure she didn't call anyone was male.

Comment

What I can't figure out is why they need to know who and where you are. Seriously, why does it matter?
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
        The biggest no-no we have is telling people where we are.
        Are you allowed to tell the nosy ones a false location? Tell them you are in Georgia when you are really in Iowa? There have been many tales on here about the giving of false last names.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I think I'm going to give out my last name as something like Manson or LeVay and my extension number as 666.
          "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
            Christ Monkey on a Pogo-Stick! Why is everyone so desperate to know where I am??

ME: Thank you for calling (agency). This is Nurian. How can I help you?
            Idjit: ARE YOU IN CALIFORNIA??!!!
            ME: Uhh, no, Sir. Could you lower your voice, please?
            Idjit: WELL, WHERE ARE YOU???
            ME: I'm in the Midwest. Sir-
            Idjit: I ASKED WHERE YOU WERE, NOT WHAT PART OF THE COUNTRY!!
            ME: I cannot give out my location, Sir.
            Idjit: WELL WHY IN TARNATION NOT?
            ME: Security, Sir.
            Idjit: ARE YOU CALLING ME A TERRORIST??!!!
            ME:
            "Tarnation?" Someone actually used that, um, word in this present day?

You know what, he was probably just making sure that you weren't a certain rackin' frackin' rabbit out to spoil his plans.

Comment

It happened...again..... the person wasn't sucky about it. Just a friendly guy.
              No, we can't lie and tell them we're somewhere else. We have call centers in many states and we may actually point one out (which would defeat the purpose).

Come to think of it, the yelling guy DID sound a lot like Yosemite Sam.

I HATE DAT RRABBIT!
              I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Working...
              X