Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And The Nominees For Worst Parent Ever Is.......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And The Nominees For Worst Parent Ever Is.......

This happened about a month ago, I was working close at the hotel when a kid about 6 or 7 comes up to the desk. Accompanying him was his sister who looked to be about 4 or 5. Older kid asks if we have any Tylenol PM on hand, I always carry individual packs in my purse of regular Tylenol. I informed kid of this but told him his Mom would have to come up and get them herself. Kid shakes head and says that "they need the PM kind because Mommy needs us to sleep" After kids leave Mom appears and asks if we have "anything that will put them asleep". She proceeded to babble that they all had to get up early so they all needed to sleep right now. All I could do is dumb-foundedly tell her that she would need to go get some herself.

C'mon Tylenol PM for small children, whatever happened to warm milk???
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

That parent didn't win nominee, she won the award.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Kinda like whisky in the baby bottle.
      "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

Drugging her kids asleep? Wow.. smart. Just see, they'll even get addicted to it at some point in their life and won't be able to sleep without it. Poor kiddos and their idiot mother.

Comment

Quoth CanadaGirl View Post
          Drugging her kids asleep? Wow.. smart. Just see, they'll even get addicted to it at some point in their life and won't be able to sleep without it. Poor kiddos and their idiot mother.
          Not to mention their livers and sundry other organs will eventually be shot if they take that to sleep every night.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I would have called CPS (or whatever agency is in your area). Find out what room they're in, and you can look up the info. That's child abuse. Children that young should NOT have tylenol PM, and only children's tylenol when necessary. Wonder what else she does to them to get them to 'comply'...
            Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

Geez, why not just give them obscene amounts of children's chewable morphine?
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglĂłid

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post

C'mon Tylenol PM for small children, whatever happened to warm milk???
                Why not get children's Benedryl? Same sleep agent less from cashiers.

Comment

Quoth Sientara View Post
                  Why not get children's Benedryl? Same sleep agent less from cashiers.
                  Or chamomile.... Oi.

Comment

I have a bottle of a generic equivalent right here. Same product, just with a Walgreens logo. Let's look at the warning labels, shall we?

"Do not use this adult product in children under 12 years of age. This will provide more than the recommended dos (overdose) and could cause serious health problems."

Yeah, report that to CPS, that's illegal. Using a drug for anything other than what the directions say is illegal, and they're pretty clear about not using it on kids.

Comment

I never understood the idea of drugging one's child to make them sleep. My mother would have my brother and I take a hot bath, then put us to bed. If we made a peep, or otherwise did anything but go to sleep, we were in for it. My mother actually raised us to listen when we were told to do something. She also limited our sugar intake, so that could've been a factor as well.

But if you MUST drug your children, I must agree that Tylenol PM is dangerous. Use a child's formula, I guess.
                      I may be free from retail, but the nightmares still linger.....

Comment

There isn't a child's formula of tylenol pm, but there are various children's antihistamines like benadryl, which may knock them out. However, in kids, they can do quite the opposite and they get totally wound.

Comment

Why do so many people think Tylenol is harmless? It's safe at the recommended dosage, but an overdose can be extremely dangerous. Immediate liver transplant or you die dangerous.

If that "mom" is taking that kind of chance with her kids, she needs some intervention before she does any permanent damage or, God forbid, kills them.
                          The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

I bet one day they will sleep.

And there won't be any "getting up".
                            "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth Crosshair View Post
                              Kinda like whisky in the baby bottle.
                              When I was stuck in New Orleans for a month (cause I was waiting on repairs to the Jestermobile after an assclown rear-ended it at a stop sign), my friend’s neighbor stood out to me as a Really Bad Mom. She had a 3 year old, and when he would get hyper, as 3 year olds DO, she would have him sip on her everpresent can of beer to calm him down/mellow him out/you get the idea. I was absolutely disgusted by this behavior.

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                              Geez, why not just give them obscene amounts of children's chewable morphine?
                              Hilarious. Good thing my beer was sitting safely on my desk and I was not in the process of drinking it!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                              X