This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• try again

so this is actually a story from my moms store, she works for the same company, just a different store. this took place a few days ago

a customer comes in wanting to pick up her pictures. she did them online the night before. the employee looks for them but the pictures are not there. customer gets angry and complains how she just did them last night and they should be ready. but the photos are no where to be seen. so the woman complains yadda yadda yadda

so they ask her are you sure it was this store? (its happened in my store too) and the woman was like "yes! the one on <insert street name>"
    the employee tells her "this isn't <street name>, this is<another street name>"

fail.

granted its the same "route number" but once your in the next town, its a different name, and everyone around there knows it. plus when you order online, wouldn't you have noticed the town you'd be picking up in? or what store you're sending it to?

ive had people come into my store only to realize, they ordered pics from another company!

anyways the story gets better. the woman, who had a bitchy attitude the whole time, complained that she was in a hurry and was on her way to a funeral..(why are you waiting last minute) the employee calls the CORRECT store and asks if the photos are there, which they are so the sucky lady DEMANDS the photos be ready at DRIVE THRU when she gets there.

apparently it takes too long to run in to the photo dept. takes 2 min. so she got her way and they'd be ready at drive thru. hopefully she had a long line to wait in, as customers usually do

she walked off with a half-assed thank you and that was it.

Boot to the fail. Good to see karma in action
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

OMG . . . that was a flashback there . . .

Gather 'round the fireplace younguns . . . story time.

Way back about 10 years ago now, when I was a younger DGoddess than now . . . I was working late at the WD store when a lady showed up at the bakery (this was back when our Deli and Bakery departments were in separate corners of the store) right after 8 (their closing time.)

Everyone in the bakery had just left . . lights were off. I was the closest employee, as I was working out stock from the HBA truck (the HBA department was across the front aisle from the HBA aisles beside the wine department.)

This woman insisted that she had called earlier in the day and ordered a cake. I went behind the counter and into the very back to the cooler to see if there were any cake orders. None were to be found under the name she gave, so I paged the MOD over.

MOD came over and we explained the situation. The customer was becoing quite frustrated with the matter, as she continued to insist that she had called OUR store. MOD asked her the name of the person she spoke with, but the woman couldnt' remember. He also asked her if she was sure it was our store, as we had 3 other stores in the area that also had bakery departments.

She continued to insist that she had called our store. She then said that she had called 411 and asked for the number for our store.

Okay, we had two phone numbers. MOD gives her both phone numbers (123-4567 and 123-7890) Customer said neither number sounded right, as the number she was given started with a 282 . . .

282 was the first 3 digits of the newest store we had, clear out on the Northwest side of town (our store was on the Northeast side and a good 20 minutes from that store, located out in the New Garden area.)

We then explained that apparently they gave her the number for the New Garden store and she would have to go there to pick up her cake.

She was not a happy camper and argued that we had to give her a cake. MOD again told her she had to go to the store that had her cake if she wanted to pick it up.

She finally gave up and left, still not happy with having called out there instead of our store.

Somehow, I can't see 411 screwing up quite like that . . .
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
        Oh, I can. I work at a hospital switchboard. I lost count of the number of times I've answered our 1-800 hotline and gotten someone who was switched to the wrong hospital by 411!

The name of our hospital is very common. For the purpose of this post I'll call it Smith Hospital in Hobokin, New Jersey (not real name of place & not real name of city and state).

5 times out of 10 the caller will say something like. Hobokin??? I told 411 I wanted Smith Hospital in Los Angeles, CA (or insert any other city and state in the U.S. except ours! How did I end up getting you?

At that point all I can do is say "I don't know" and look in my directory to give them the correct phone number.

Comment

Quoth sarasquirrel View Post
          so they ask her are you sure it was this store? (its happened in my store too) and the woman was like "yes! the one on <insert street name>"
          the employee tells her "this isn't <street name>, this is<another street name>
          Déjà vu. I have had this happen so many time it makes me sick to remember. My favorite is when the pictures are sent online by a friend/loved one from some god forsaken corner of the world. They are of course certain that your store MUST have them. After all its not like the person sending them is half way around the world and has no clue about your city layout or anything.
          Don't go towards the light... Go left damn it LEFT! ... Why did God install that bug zapper?

Comment

I get this all the time. Customers come into our store to pick up orders. Eventually I figure out that they ordered it at our competitor across the street. Despite very different store designs/colors and uniforms they still blame me half the time.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
              We do screw up like that. When the customer makes us .
              Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

Working...
              X