This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Argabarga View Post
    Acts of Congress are apparently my fault, see also the new pseudoephederine law... do they complain to thier senator? Their representatives? THe ones who VOTED for it? nope, it's all my fault, Pharmacy Techs run the world don'tcha know.....
    At least they can still get it without a doctor's note there. Gah, the people that give me Stinky Poop Eye look when I tell them that, and they do the old, "Well, when did THIS happen?" as if I'm making up crap so I don't have to like, make money or something.

Had the same fun when CIBA had a backorder on their Clear Care line. I don't know anything about contact lenses, all I knew was that we didn't have the stuff, and none of the stores around me had it either. Lord knows, I called.

At least with the backorder on levothyroxine, I can switch people over to Levoxyl or Synthroid and it still costs about the same, so people haven't been whining too much about that.

Comment

Quoth hsigrunt View Post
      JRR Tolkien is dead dude.
      That's basically what I told her, but she got that shrewd attitude SCs sometimes get when they think they're being smarter than you. Her comeback?

"Well, he must still be writing or there wouldn't be a new edition out!"

"I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth WHShit View Post
        Well, my company, WHShit, likes to reset the shops all the time....I have had sooo many people come to me complaining about the new layout.
        I used to have the same problem at the fabric store. The manager would reset the entire store, every week, never put any signs on the tables or gave us any sort of planagram to let us know which tables held which fabrics. The customers would get POed at us because we didn't know where anything was, and it made us look stupid and incompetent to have to go through the entire store to find the fabric they needed.

I even asked the manager why she did that. She just looked at me blankly, as if I were speaking Klingon. I never found out why she did it. I ended up having to leave after they cut my hours down to nothing, and the fabric store went out of business a few months later.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
          They used to do it at one of the TV stations Iworked at, too. I was a lowly master control operator, and before we got an answering service, the phone would ring back in the control room, which was really, really distracing. 19 out of 20 times it was a whackjob of some flavor or another complaining about the programming, or the advertising, or the quality, or whatever. Like the program director runs it by me first before he sets up the programming schedule, right?

I've been bitched at because the President said something that pissed people off (after a newstory).
          My station used to get calls DEMANDING that we go into the studio and tell some soap opera character to behave herself and stop doing whatever she was doing to some other character. Sometimes we would get calls wanting to speak with the actual characters of the shows or demanding that we connect them to the some character's house or ficticious job location.

Trying to explain the difference between reality and fiction to these people - or how the shows were taped in LA or New York and not in our studio - was futile.
          "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
          .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

I've worked at several restaurants in my time and most of the time, I worked at them long enough to have them make changes to their menus at least once while I was there...that was hell...trying to explain to someone that we don't make said item anymore...then having them assume that we still carried the ingredients...most of the time, we did, but they don't account the prep time that went into the obscure item they are ordering...or the fact that it we may have some of the ingredients still, but not all of them, thereby compromising it's flavor just to make it for you - then trying to explain to them if the flavor is compromised it won't taste the same and then they would make us comp the item at the end anyway...

I've also had customers at restaurants demand to get their meal free because the meal they came to the restaurant to have was not available. One restaurant I worked at had separate menus for lunch and dinner. There was a couple that came in - often - that knew this but always tried to order off the lunch menu at dinner time. A couple managers actually comped some of their meals for this fact because they were angry they couldn't get lunch at dinner!
            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

reminds me of the friends episode where some woman thought joey was actually her character and couldnt wrap her head around him not being the doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                That's basically what I told her, but she got that shrewd attitude SCs sometimes get when they think they're being smarter than you. Her comeback?

amazing.....well, you could always answer 'no really! He was killed off in the last book and his publicist handles all the book signings.' When she asks for the publicist just point someone out at random.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post

Wow, you're right! He must be hanging out with all the contributers to the Bible, they're all still alive since there's new translations and new versions out all the time, huh?

Comment

I got to deal with this today. Guy bought the Mac version six years ago and his original six-year-old disks died and he never created backups. He also can't buy the update because we discontinued the Mac version. We did offer him a substantial discount if he wants to convert to the latest Windows version.

He didn't want to do that, not because he doesn't have Windows, but because, apparently we owe him something for discontinuing the Mac version. Therefore he expects the Windows version for free.

Also, apparently, the fact that he never even TRIED to buy a newer Mac version in the past six years isn't relevant. He deserves something because it wouldn't have been available if he had tried. [Some of my customers have very interesting logic.]

When he got nowhere with that argument, he demanded to know why we decided to dicontinue the Mac version. I gave him the official (and true) answer which is, "Sales didn't justify the high costs of continuing to develop it."

Or, to express it differently, "There's not enough money in developing updates if people only purchase them every six years or whenever their disks happen to die." [I kind of wish I'd put it that way, but I LIKE having a job.]
                    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
                    X