Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the HELL is your problem. ((half sucky managers... half SC.... Whole long))

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the HELL is your problem. ((half sucky managers... half SC.... Whole long))

So it was January. ...ah snow and cold and miserable. And I found out my grandma had to go in for surgery... and had about a 30/70 live/die chance.... these odds do not sit well with me. Now we had known that she might have to go in for this surgery about 2 months prior, we just didn't know when, so I had warned work. "Hey when this happens, I'll be going" and they had said "We totally understand"
    So Feb 9th is when I get the call from my mother and she tells me what is going on. and that the travel dates were 24-3 . She bought my tickets, cause my mom is the best. So as soon as I get off the phone with her I call my boss, and tell her the exact dates. Then I go in the next day and submit the time-off form (exactly 2 weeks prior as is policy) Now I know she collected those forms from the box, cause when I put mine in there was about 7 others... however she "conveniently" forgot mine, because come Tuesday it was still there. So I asked her about it and she says "its in the computer" "By the way, could you make your trip shorter?"

.....No.
    "10 days is an awful long time" ((at this time I am only working wed, sat, sun. meaning I am going to miss.... about 7 days of work.)) "I'd like you to cut your trip time."
    ...Cant. mom is paying. Not my choice when I travel.

And I think that is that. Until our next schedule is posted and I see she scheduled me for.... you guessed it the 24th. The day my flight leaves....Joy. This isnt the first time I have had this problem with her ignoring my schedules, and it isnt the last. So instead of our usual argument I just find a CW and she agrees to cover it. Since that would have been the final conclusion of the argument with Manager Evil in the first place...

Fast forward a few days.... I am working a 5 hour shift ((whoo whole five hours!)) and so I ask my SV if she would be okay with me clocking out about 10 min early and not having to take a lunch. See she likes this cause it means more people working, I like this cause it means an extra half hour I get paid for. She says sure, just take an extra 10 min break if I needed it.

So my wonderful CW T. who so amazingly agreed to cover that shift that dumb fuck scheduled me for was working as well, and she comes back to the FR to cover my little 10 min break. Before I leave I want to thank her.... and then comes... DOOM!

Me:
    CW:An angel
    SV: Who is the shit!
    SC: Obviously has a stick up his ass....

Me: By the by T. Thanks so much for covering that shift for me. I honestly dont think I could have handled arguing with Ca____ about it.
    CW: No Problem Red! I'm happy to. Though Ca___ did get on my case about being so close to 40. *giggle* I should pay more attention to my hours
    Me: Yeah, no one wants Ca___ on their bad side. Well I'm gonna go shop around for a bit.

Quickly. We used to be allowed to shop on our breaks. Then they changed the rule to only shopping on our 30 ... for about 4 days..... and then they changed it back to any break...... Well this was during those 4 days and I had not heard the change in policy... so T. told me

CW: Oh didn't you hear. We aren't allowed to shop on breaks any more unless it's our lunch.
    Me: Really? Since when.
    CW: I dunno like 2 days ago.
    Me: Wow... that's kinda..... silly....
    CW: I know right?
    Me: Guess I'll just go rest my feet then. THanks for saving my bacon on that one. And thanks sooo much again for taking that shift.
    CW: Sure thing hun!
    SC OF DOOM HEY! Why dont you two shut the hell up!
    Me:...
    CW:.....
    SC: I dont come here to listen to you guys BITCH about your job!
    me and Cw exchange looks
    SC: GOD! Some people just have No FUCKING respect for others! Why Dont you just keep your problems to yourself and let the rest of us FUCKING SHOP.
    ME: ..... *if there is a god please dont let me hit this bastard... I like my job. I like my job. I like my job. No BAD RED. No being a jerk. Bad!*
    CW:Uh.... Sorry? *too stunned to say anything else..... also holding self in check. Since lovely T. Would generally drop someone for talking to her that way.*
    SC: Storms away angerly.

Me: WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!
    CW: .... Not sure. But I wanted to slug that ......*mumbles as to not cuss at work*

..... 5 min later
    Me: Kay...I'm back.. I just took a 5.... Couldn't sit back there with out getting mad.
    CW: I know... I better get back up front. *leaves*
    SV: Hey Red.
    Me: Hey B! What's up?
    SV: We just had some guy at CS complain about "Two rude girls back in the FR"
    Me: No way! That jerk!
    SV: Want to tell me what happened? (This is why I love B. She always asks for our side first)
    Me: *explains situation*
    SV: Yeah he seemed like he was being a Bastard about it. Saying crap like "I dont want to listen to your employees bitch about how much they hate their job. I dont come here to hear about how MEAN their managers are"
    Me:*giggles* Yeah, because that's totally EXACTLY what we said.
    SV: How did T. Respond?
    Me: Super good. She apologized as best she could...considering we were both too shocked to be of any good verbalizing skills. Very polite... not how I would have handled it at all.
    SV: Just making sure... his wife said that one of the girls said "Well SOOOORRRYY" Very impolite and disrespectfully.
    Me:..... can I be frank with you B...
    SV: Sure.
    Me: Both of them need to pull those fucking sticks out of their ass.....
    SV:*Laughs* You got that right.

So yeah... My first Customer complaint since I started working there.... ((over a year and a half)) and it's not documented cause B. is awesome and realized we didnt do anything wrong.

But honestly....You know... I'm sorry if me thanking a CW for something, or me talking to a CW about something is bugging you, but there are better ways to go about that. We are not Mindless automatons, we are people and we are going to talk to one another. I can understand if what we are saying is totally inappropriate. But it wasnt. And I don't get paid enough to listen to you bitch about your life either. So SUCK IT UP, SHUT THE FUCK UP, AND GO TO FUCKING WALL MART!
    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
    -Red

And I thought my customers were bad.

And what is it about your company that brings out the total fucking asshole in its managers?
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      And I thought my customers were bad.

And what is it about your company that brings out the total fucking asshole in its managers?
      our company is hell hidden in blue flourescent lighting

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
        our company is hell hidden in blue flourescent lighting
        what he says is the truth. Sadly most of our associates are completely unaware of their rights... or are too scared of being harassed by the management to do anything about it... So our managers get very big heads and decide they can walk all over us.

Ca___ has done this less and less to me... because I have started to grow a back bone due to constantly being walked on.... one day soon I'm gonna end up cussing her out and quitting.... I feel it.... *sigh*.... It'll be worth it though.... mmm tasty vengeance.
        "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
        -Red

Comment

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
          what he says is the truth. Sadly most of our associates are completely unaware of their rights... or are too scared of being harassed by the management to do anything about it... So our managers get very big heads and decide they can walk all over us.

Ca___ has done this less and less to me... because I have started to grow a back bone due to constantly being walked on.... one day soon I'm gonna end up cussing her out and quitting.... I feel it.... *sigh*.... It'll be worth it though.... mmm tasty vengeance.
          REd, you're not alone. I got screwed out of having my B-day off and had to work a closing shift.

My MOM was BAKING MY CAKE as I got the call to come in!!! >_<

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
            I got screwed out of having my B-day off and had to work a closing shift.

My MOM was BAKING MY CAKE as I got the call to come in!!! >_<
            yeah that's why I dont answer my phone if it says "BEWARE OF HELL CALLING" or I say... "nope cant come in today".... they tried that on me much when I first started working I was getting about 4 hours of actual scheduled time and then they would try and call me in everyday.... Lasted about a week before I told them to schedule me for hours because I wasn't gonna come in on my days off.
            -Red

Comment

Working...
            X