Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No, you cannot cash a check if you don't have an ID...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, you cannot cash a check if you don't have an ID...

Or if the address on your ID doesn' t match your check.

I don't care if "you come in all the time," or, "that other one let's me do it", they can get fired for not following company policy, but I will not.

No, you cannot talk to a manager, because they will tell you the same fucking thing. Especially the cranky one that is on tonight because they called her in on her one day off and she's been fielding stupid questions of the same persuasion all day.

I don't care if you're 16 and don't have a license yet. Get a damn bank account with your parents.

I hate all of you.

For the 16 year olds without their license, they can easily go get a state ID. So they can't use that excuse :P
    Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

You can't open a checking account without some form of ID, so obviously they'd have to have something.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.

Comment

Quoth Kyree View Post
        For the 16 year olds without their license, they can easily go get a state ID. So they can't use that excuse :P

What I did..

Comment

Quoth sexiphatchick View Post
          You can't open a checking account without some form of ID, so obviously they'd have to have something.
          I started a joint checking account with my mother before I had an ID card, so it's no excuse.

I was just annoyed that the kid sat there and argued with me about it. It was along day of "can I speak to a manager?", because I obviously don't know my job.

Comment

Quoth malmalthekiller View Post
            It was along day of "can I speak to a manager?", because I obviously don't know my job.
            If you're saying things they don't want to hear, you're doing your job wrong. Clearly you're there to meet whatever demands they have. Damn! Didn't anyone train you!?
            Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Or if the address on your ID doesn' t match your check.
              My ID I keep up to date with my current address. My cheques I got when I was 18, and I got 200 of them. I've used 25 of them. The address isn't even close to current, but I'm not wasting 175 cheques when a) it's still the same account number, b)it costs money to get new ones.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                My ID I keep up to date with my current address. My cheques I got when I was 18, and I got 200 of them. I've used 25 of them. The address isn't even close to current, but I'm not wasting 175 cheques when a) it's still the same account number, b)it costs money to get new ones.
                I'm talking about payroll checks, not the written ones that you purchase things with. I honestly don't know the policy on that, because I'm not a cashier, just a customer service person.

If your address doesn't match the one on the payroll check, policy states are aren't allowed to cash it.

Comment

If your address doesn't match the one on the payroll check, policy states are aren't allowed to cash it.
                  Ooooooooooooooooooohhhh. Heh. I probably should have realized that. Yeah. There's probably not any really legitimate reason for those two not matching.
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                    Ooooooooooooooooooohhhh. Heh. I probably should have realized that. Yeah. There's probably not any really legitimate reason for those two not matching.
                    Especially since it's easy to get a change of address card, you can do it online.

Comment

:hugs:

It could be worse, Mal. At least your managers are not spine deficient, like so many we read about here.

You could have had sucky managers who caved and threw you under the bus.
                      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

"you come in all the time" I doubt most that say that even mean it.

Comment

Yep, I got all that all the time.

Comment

In the unlikely event that the CW who let the lack of ID pass is not a figment of the SC's imagination, curse out that fool!
                            If you allow one exception others will demand it.
                            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

in ny you're not obliged to get a new id for moving... just have to write it on the back of the id

Comment

Working...
                              X