• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really?? I mean Really?????

D: kid working the register on counter
    Jf: Me!!
    I: just some moron

D: Jf!! there's a customer with a problem
    Jf: (the only person on counter is some trashy looking guy) What's the problem sir?
    I: I just got this cappuccino and it isn't any good
    Jf: Ok what's wrong with it?
    I: It tastes like coffee!
    Jf: (OMG NO FUCKIN WAY) Ok let me get you a new one (lol) Here you go sir.

We then made fun of him for the rest of the night.

First off, kudos to you for not laughing in his face. I don't think I would have been able to not laugh at him mercilessly. Or just jaw drop and say "And your problem with this is...?"

Comment

Well, I can kinda get that. I don't think espresso tastes anything like coffee, and then the addition of massive amounts of milk can't really heighten the similarity, can it?

Still, just to state flat out "It tastes like coffee!" is rather ridiculous.

Edit: Wait, I just re-read what I wrote, and it doesn't quite make sense. Lemme try again: If it tastes like coffee, it'd taste incorrect to me. Then again, I'd just say "This doesn't taste right."
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Yeah that's the thing. If you meant it tasted like a different coffee drink you wouldn't just say "it tastes like coffee". That was a moron. I'd definitely have paused for two seconds, looked him in the eye, and conspiratorily whispered "It IS coffee".

Comment

But....cappuccino does taste like coffee. It IS coffee.
          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
            But....cappuccino does taste like coffee. It IS coffee.
            No! It's espresso and milk. If your espressos taste like coffee, I feel sorry for you.

(note: I don't drink either, but that's because coffee tastes icky, and espresso makes me bouncy, but it tastes okay )

Comment

Espressos are super concentrated COFFEE shots.

They are coffee. Add milk and you just have super strong coffee.

It COMES from COFFEE BEANS. It's coffee.

Comment

It COMES from COFFEE BEANS.
                But they're processed differently. It's like grapes. Do it one way, you get grape juice, do something else, you get wine. Both decent enough results, both start from the same base ingredient, but they're fairly widely different products. I now declare myself master of the universe!

Not for being right ('cause with foods, it's usually a matter of taste so there isn't a right). Just randomly doing it because I'm just that darned cool!

Comment

I have dead tastebuds, too. Coffee-Tea, Coffee-OJ and Pepsi-OJ, while tasty, freaks the fuck outta other people.

Comment

Pepsi-OJ,
                    Hmm, I'll have to try that one. Probably less gross than my pepsi-rootbeer-orange juice-grapefruit juice-7Up-apple juice-mountain dew- chocolate milk concoction.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                      But they're processed differently. It's like grapes. Do it one way, you get grape juice, do something else, you get wine. Both decent enough results, both start from the same base ingredient, but they're fairly widely different products. I now declare myself master of the universe!

Not for being right ('cause with foods, it's usually a matter of taste so there isn't a right). Just randomly doing it because I'm just that darned cool!
                      Actually, the beans aren't processed any differently than any other coffee beans. It's a very very dark roast, but plenty of coffees are roasted as dark or darker. Espresso beans can be ground for regular coffee filters and brewed. The taste is pretty much what you would expect. The same flavor profile as the espresso, just less intense, and sometimes the brighter notes come through more cleanly because it's not as rich.

The thing that makes the drink espresso what it is is the way that the beans are ground and prepared. Espresso grind is much finer than for, say, a paper filter, and the dose is brewed under pressure in an espresso machine.

It's less grapes being made into grape juice or wine, and more grape juice being put into bottles or frozen as concentrate.

::has just gotten off work and smells of coffee and espresso machine cleaner::
                      My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

So we've established that it was broomjockey who returned his COFFEE. I never pictured him as an unshaved yokel with a bad mullet and a dirty tank top.

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
                          So we've established that it was broomjockey who returned his COFFEE.
                          Mea culpa. Was a heck of a drive to get there, and I got all dressed up just for you.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                            Hmm, I'll have to try that one. Probably less gross than my pepsi-rootbeer-orange juice-grapefruit juice-7Up-apple juice-mountain dew- chocolate milk concoction.
                            Ralph! Found the guy who's been draining the sippy-cups at the kiddie bar!
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth CoffeeMonkey View Post
                              ::has just gotten off work and smells of coffee and espresso machine cleaner::
                              Woohoo, validation! You mah buddy now.

Comment

Working...
                              X