This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Crab View Post
    See, this is why you should support gay marriage. NO BRIDES. Well, or two brides, but they'll probably just cancel out.
    Pfffft! No Brides.

I'ma be a "bride" one day! If I can convince Flea-Bit to come way down south because ain't no way in Hades am I gonna get my skinny micro-butt married in Canada. It's COLD up there, ya know, and if the temps drop below 70 degrees I'm kinda sunk.

Our cake would probably be a Tiramisu. I like tiramisu. Om nom nom.
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Speaking of gay weddings, someone on Etiquette Hell said that she saw a lesbian relationship come to an end because they planned to get married - and each woman had had dreams of being the bride, the one in the long white gown, the one who got all the attention. Neither of them would give in. The person on Etiquette Hell who posted the story remarked, "It was really ugly."

Comment

Quoth Yfandes View Post
        Oh beautiful! She got EXACTLY what she deserved

What is it with bridezillas? I didnt even have a cake for my wedding. One of my friends was appalled and went out a bought a very nice carrot cake, for which I was extremely thankful

My husband, my maid of honor, and the best man were the sum total attendees at my wedding. Afterwards we went out for coffee and muffins at Perkins, it was great. I think you can really start a marriage off in a bad way by screwing it up with a big huge bank account draining event, elopement is so much better.

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
        I hate cake.... I'm gonna have pie for my wedding..... lots of home made pies. and if any one bitches about it I'll kill em. .....It's just a wedding... jesus... If I thought my family would let me get away with it I'd be getting married in my most comfy blue jeans and a sweater.... maybe I'll go to Vegas.... no one bitches at you in Vegas....

....Seriously though.... you're fee should have included 50% as well as a cake to the face.
        My baby brother and his 'first' wife (note I said first) got married in black jeans and red button down shirts. If you are going that route, at least have a theme.
        Last edited by Broomjockey; 03-12-2009, 02:30 PM. Reason: multi-quote
        Tamezin

Comment

My friend in Missouri and I joke about our wedding day, cause we're so 'lovey-dovey' around each other. We're going to have a pirate-themed wedding, we'll both be dressed as wenches... bodices will be passed out at the doors.
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Two of my friends are a lesbian couple. When they got married they both wore dresses. It was really quite lovely.

I think that other couple was destined for failure anyway and the dress thing probably brought those selfish feelings to light sooner rather than later. If something as silly as a dress comes between you, you shouldn't be getting married.

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
              I love my little sister, but I sure hate brides. How long after the wedding do they pull their heads out of their asses and start acting like people again?
              Between six and twelve months before the divorce. The reality finally dawns that the wedding is just the tiny part of the marriage, and with the extreme ceremonies and parties brides seem to believe they have to have nowadays, the marriage peaks at the reception. Everything after that is a swampy slog to the divorce lawyer. Keeps my MIL in business.

Cookiesaur, if you ever come to California, please, let us take you out to dinner. I have to meet the awesomeness that is you in person.
              Last edited by Broomjockey; 03-12-2009, 08:34 PM. Reason: consecutive posts
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Great pwnage! Not to toot my own horn, but I think the bakers would like me as a bride since all I want is a simple cake with buttercream icing (fondant is sickly sweet) for my wedding. The brides these days are nothing short of nuts and I refuse to be like that, that bride definitely got what she paid for.
                Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 03-12-2009, 09:13 PM.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

*Standing Ovation*
                  "Because that's how magical meteoric size-altering space goo works." IMDB Message boards.

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                    bodices will be passed out at the doors.
                    I'm there.

I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

wagegoth: I still can't believe my BIL married her....she's so mean and inconsiderate to him and he's such a sweet, sweet man.
                      ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

See, this is why you should never, ever do these sorts of "favors" for people, a lesson I had to RE-learn last week, trying to do a graphic piece for my cousin.

It turned into a very similar clusterfk as this, except instead of icing we are talking about digital artwork.

Exact same principle.

The fact that the little fool needed her cake "this friday" should have been a massive red flag. (But then, I can hardly talk; in my case, the fact that it was my cousin should have been my massive red flag. )

Comment

Its ok to relearn lessons, RK, as long as they get cheaper to learn every time.
                          ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth Cookiesaur View Post
                            No matter how sweet the girl is, when the wedding rolls around, Zuul is in residence and He wants his fucking puff pastry PERFECT or so help your soul.
                            Diĝir.zu.ul ninda.gúg.a.ni ki.áĝ.ĝá.ni.im!

The above sentence, to the best of my grammatical ability, means "Zuul did love his cake!" in ancient Sumerian. (The 'ĝ' is pronounced like 'ng,' so 'diĝir,' the Sumerian word for 'god,' rhymes with 'finger'). Everything between a 'dot' represents a cuneiform sign: 'diĝir' is a cuneiform sign that looks almost like an asterisk. It originally was a picture of a star, and got to represent the word 'god' or 'sky.'

Remembering a pretty recent thread, it might interest some of you to know that the Sumerian word for 'fruit-cake' was ninda.ĝìr.lam. I believe that the first Sumerian fruit-cake, now just a little over 6,500 years old, is still being passed around from holiday season to holiday season!

By the way... Did I ever mention here at CS that I was a nerd?
                            Last edited by SailorMan; 03-21-2009, 05:25 AM.
                            Who hears all your prayers? Why, the NSA, of course!

Comment

Reading this story just made me mad. Like the mad I feel when my g/f makes me watch Bridezilla. I feel so bad and I applaud you for not doing what I woulda done in your situation.

Knock that f'n cake right off the table!

Comment

Working...
                              X