This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am so glad I no longer work closing shifts

This happened last night and was told to me by one of the floor people who closed last night and came back in at 8-ish this morning.

At 5 minutes to close, maybe less, these trashy (her words, not mine) people came bolting into the store. The closing manager was actually locking the front doors, but she saw them come running up and let them in.

They finally decided on their purchase a few minutes after the closing announcement sounded and the lights started to go down. They decided to purchase one of our Lane recliners.

Yeah, I know, they came in before close so they get to shop. IMO though, if you're purchasing something big and heavy that requires a carryout at that time or bombarding the floor help with questions, you suck.

So two closing people loaded up the recliner--and had to spend more time taking the recliner out of the box and cleaning out the customers' trash-strewn minivan so they could fit the damn thing in there.

They didn't leave until almost 10:30. Sad thing is, this purchase ended up putting us barely over our sales goal for the day.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Well, look on the bright side, at least it did put you over the sales goal.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
      Well, look on the bright side, at least it did put you over the sales goal.
      Yeah and you didn't have to deal with any of it!
      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
        Yeah and you didn't have to deal with any of it!
        Well, actually, I did.

They returned it for some defect, real or perceived, they found with it, and I had to remove it from their still trash-strewn minivan today.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Putting you over sales goal is one thing: putting you over labour hours budget is another.

Comment

Working...
          X