Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visitor Parking is reserved; sucky female "it is very rude for the dept. to do that"

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Parking is reserved; sucky female "it is very rude for the dept. to do that"

There was limited first come first serve parking for the public due to many reserved spots in Visitor Parking. The garage had to be reserved around 9:15 a.m. Of course, the Parking office does not want to change the open sign to full. Since "Lucy" has been laid off (her last day is the end of the month) & "Kim" is no longer over Visitor Parking, they both have nonchalant attitudes.

my spiel: "I'm sorry, but the garage is reserved today, & I can only allow people on the event list to park. Evey parking spots is already reserved & already paid for. I'm sorry, but I do not have any other parking spots for anyone else, & so I cannot allow anyone else to park."

sf: sucky female
    me: me

She pulls up to the window & tells me she is going to the third floor. Since there is an event on the third floor, I ask her if she is here for anything specific. She tells me she spoke to someone on the third floor who told her she could park in Visitor Parking to hand out flyers advertising job openings at the company she works for. Unfortunately there were no non-reserved parking spots available.

me: my spiel
    sf: "Well..I have to call the dept. since I do not have a parking pass."

She calls the dept, & is told to find other parking. She rolls down the window to speak to me. I open the window.

sf: "I was told to park somewhere else. Why does your dept. do this?"
    me: "I'm sorry, but the dept. I report to reserves parking spots, & I can only go by what they say"
    sf: "So I can't park as a guest?"
    me: "I'm sorry, but it's not my call to make."
    sf: "I understand that you are only doing your job, but it is very rude of your dept. to do that. I am a guest, & I cannot park. Is there someone I can speak to?"
    me: "You can go to suite 671 South (Visitor Parking/Community Relations) after parking your car."
    sf: "Is there a specific person I need to speak to?"
    me: "Lucy" or "Kim"

She leaves.

The phone inside the booth rings. I can tell from the caller id that it is an outside phone number. I answer, & it is her calling. I do not know how she got the phone number inside the booth. She asks for "Lucy". I transfer the call to her.

In the meantime a car leaves. Great, now she can park.

"Lucy" calls me & asks if a car has exited. I told her yes. She tells me to save that spot for the sucky female guest.

Oh well.

Then she calls me & asks me to save 9 spots for the 2nd shift. She received a last minute parking request.
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 03-11-2009, 10:46 PM.

How do you handle dealing with such sucky customers?
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
    X