This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Will the pilot be able to land the plane?"

"Why isn't the plane moving?" (at 30,000 feet)

"What's that river down there?"

"Can I borrow your chapstick?"

"Will I make my connection?"
    No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

A few days ago, I had a conversation that was just a string of variations on a dumb question theme.

SC: I don't have any money with me. Can I just take this computer now and pay for it tomorrow?
      Me: No, it has to be paid in full before it leaves the store. You can get a store credit card, though.
      SC: No, I always pay cash.
      Me: Then you'll have to get it later when you do have money.
      SC: Can I get the store's address?
      Me: What for?
      SC: So I can mail in my money when I get home. I want to buy this computer now.
      Me: To buy the computer, you need the money here with you. Cash, credit, debit or check doesn't matter. It just has to be paid for.
      SC: What if I left my car here as, like, collateral? I'll take the computer now, come back tomorrow with the cash, and then you can give me my car back.
      Me: No. You couldn't get the computer home without the car anyway.
      SC: So, what, you're refusing to sell to me?
      Me: Unless you have some form of payment, yes, I am. Have a good night.
      I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
      - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
      - IPF

Comment

"Which one is the ladies' room?"
        "It's so loud back here, can they turn those things down?"
        "How come you guys don't show a movie?" (this on a 30 min. flight)
        "How far back is row 19?"
        Pax: "I'd like a Dr. Pepper". F/A: "I'm sorry we don't have Dr. Pepper." Pax: "Okay, I'll take a Diet Dr. Pepper."
        "Can you put this in the microwave for me?"
        "I need something from my suitcase. How do I get below to retrieve it?"

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
          SC: So, what, you're refusing to sell to me?
          Me: Unless you have some form of payment, yes, I am. Have a good night.

Seems to me that you weren't refusing to SELL it to him, you were refusing to GIVE it to him. "Sell" implies exchanging money for product -- and he wanted the product without giving you the money!
          I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

PrincessKatie, I don't know WHAT to say to those questions.... O.o
            I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

I had a funny one yesterday, it wasn't a stupid question per se, but the way she phrased it killed me.
              "Do you have the power to open the restroom?"

I gave her the code, looked over at the pharmacy manager, raised my arms above my head and did a good "By the Power of Greyskull!" impression

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
                I had a funny one yesterday, it wasn't a stupid question per se, but the way she phrased it killed me.
                "Do you have the power to open the restroom?"

I gave her the code, looked over at the pharmacy manager, raised my arms above my head and did a good "By the Power of Greyskull!" impression

"Thundercats....Hoooo!" (I think it was Thundercats)

Since you have such powers, how 'bout making some of these SC's disappear?
                Retail Haiku:
                Depression sets in.
                The hellhole is calling me ~
                I don't want to go.

Comment

He Man.

No, I just attract them this week, apparently. Hell, I don't even have the power to get freakin' Pacific University to accept me for an interview for their pharmacy program, which kills me when I see some of the people that got in last year....

But....that's a whine for another day.

Comment

Got this "gem" a couple of days ago:

"Does Food Kitty price match?" (Nope, and I haven't heard of any grocery store that does price matching, unless you count WM.)
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• PrincessKatieAirHostess- I was looking into being a Flight Attendant while in Aviation College (pilot), but after those questions, i'd fear my IQ would drop down to the SC's level.

At least pilots can lock themselves in the cockpit and not deal with SC's

Comment

• This one I try to forget but SC's just keep coming back. "I know my (primary) ID is expired but I want to cash a check."
                        Me: I am sorry but we cannot accept ID that is not current. Even if your picture is on the card: it needs to have an expiration date greater than today."
                        SC: "But I REALLY NEED THE MONEEEEE! YOU are the only one who does not let me get money back."

Um if you need the monneeeeee so badly, wouldn't a normal sane person have proper ID?

Comment

• Quoth wj_737_700 View Post
                          PrincessKatieAirHostess- I was looking into being a Flight Attendant while in Aviation College (pilot), but after those questions, i'd fear my IQ would drop down to the SC's level.

At least pilots can lock themselves in the cockpit and not deal with SC's
                          Can I come and hide in there too please?

Comment

• Quoth PrincessKatieAirHostess View Post
                            "I need something from my suitcase. How do I get below to retrieve it?"
                            I actually heard someone say that one, how spooky !

I think it was an Easyjet flight to Belfast, around Christmastime, there was a group of ladies who'd obviously never flown before and were alternately terrified and excited by it. One of them decided she wanted her make-up out of her checked-in bag and asked (admittedly very politely) how she could get it. She was a bit upset when she realised that she'd have to wait until she got to Belfast to do her face. How the poor FA kept a straight face, i will never know.
                            A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                            - Dave Barry

Comment

Working...
                            X