Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This went beyond haggling to straight-up lying. That's where Prince Ali went too far.

There's nothing wrong with a little haggling (say, if the customer buys an entire room of furniture, you discount the delivery or toss in a coffee table or something like that), but that was complete, bold-faced lying.

If he had come back into the store and said that Everywhere Else was willing to sell him the same item for the lower price, that's a lie, but it still leaves the store the option of telling him to go buy it at Everywhere Else.

I've seen SCs come in and tell the available CSR that *pointing at a swamped CSR on the other side of the floor* had promised them a deal, the SC hoping that the busy CSR won't be asked for confirmation. My response was to immediately approach the busy CSR for confirmation. Big bummer for the SC, who is now exposed as a big liarhead and will not be welcomed back.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth BrassCowboy View Post
      Any chance of this becoming a War Story?
      Read the signature, and we'll talk. I'm only a click away...
      I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth imal'sheva View Post
        In the Middle East and in Israel, haggling is the thing. There are many shops that you can haggle with, especially privately owned. My DH does it all the time and so do my kids. I am worthless at it. when it coems time to pay, my daughter tells me to give her money and to walk away.
        I fucking hate haggling. Hate it! Hate it! Hate it! It's the unspoken assumptions behind it that pisses me off. 1) I'm too stupid to know the market in which I've been working for 10 years. or 2) I'm trying to rip you off. When you start haggling, you are implying one of those. It's an insult.
        Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

AAAAAAARRGH! Now I've got that stupid Aladdin song in my head!

Thanks a lot.
          "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I think that the fact that this topic has caused many people to have that song in their head qualifies it for a War Story.
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Next time he comes in we should form a choir and sing a nice rousing verse of prince ali for him

Comment

GREAT idea!!!!!!!

Too bad I can't sing.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Don't you know? You're supposed to have magical genie powers to grant Ali's every wish!

Comment

Quoth walking with scissors View Post
                    AAAAAAARRGH! Now I've got that stupid Aladdin song in my head!
                    It's a world of laughter
                    A world of tears
                    It's a world of hopes
                    And a world of fears
                    There's so much that we share
                    That it's time we're aware
                    It's a small world after all

You're all welcome.

Comment

Quoth Tria View Post
                      Read my lips, and come to grips with reality! Unless you're at a yard sale, we won't be haggling with you! Say hello to a price that is the price!
                      Tonight, at my bar, I had an interesting exchange with a lovely older lady (not an SC) that just so lends itself to this thread. Her friend had just ordered a mojito, and I suggested a mojito with Pyrat XO Reserve Rum—pretty much some of the finest rum you will ever have, and it makes a damn good mojito. And, a Pyrat Mojito was only three dollars more than a regular one….what a deal! So….

LOL: “So, three dollars more than a regular one…how much is that?”
                      JESTER: That would be eleven dollars each, as the regular ones with light rum are eight dollars.”
                      LOL: “Eleven dollars, huh? Well, if we get two, shouldn’t you knock the price down to twenty dollars for both of them?”
                      JESTER: [leaning over the bar to look Lovely Older Lady in the eye]: “Darlin’, does this look like a bazaar to you?”
                      LOL: [laughing] “Um, no.”
                      JESTER: “Right. But I promise you you will love the eleven dollar mojitos.”

They paid full price.

They loved the eleven dollar mojitos.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
                        It's a world of laughter
                        A world of tears
                        It's a world of hopes
                        And a world of fears
                        There's so much that we share
                        That it's time we're aware
                        It's a small world after all

You're all welcome.
                        Why, why, why, oh why did you feel it necessary to inflict this upon us? Don't you love us anymore?
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                        X