This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Pointless Arguement

A couple of guys come in the pub. They speak to a co-worker.

SC: Do you serve food here?
    CW: Yes we do. All our menus are on the tables.
    SC: And your meals include a free drink right?
    CW: I'm afraid not. All drinks must be purchased seperately.
    SC: Oh...well your meals USED to include free drinks.
    CW: Not while I've been here unfortunately.
    SC: *in an extremelly stuck up tone* Well you can't have worked here very long then!
    CW: I have been here since this place opened eight years ago...
    SC: ...
    CW: ...
    SC: No you haven't.

He stormed off to a table and began looking at a menu.

Quoth customersruinmylife
    SC: No you haven't.
    Now there's a comeback.

It's nice how scamming stupidity faulters in the face of reality and truth.
    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

And of course, there's the epic fail of claiming to know that the place served free drinks with meals, when he didn't even know that the place served meals.
      The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Quoth Stormraven View Post
        And of course, there's the epic fail of claiming to know that the place served free drinks with meals, when he didn't even know that the place served meals.
        You caught that too. Apparently so did CMRL's CW.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I'm liking stories from this pub better than the ones from your old pub.
          I was not hired to respond to those voices.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
            SC: Oh...well your meals USED to include free drinks.
            CW: Not while I've been here unfortunately.
            SC: *in an extremelly stuck up tone* Well you can't have worked here very long then!
            CW: I have been here since this place opened eight years ago...
            Another thing I don't get: even if this pub USED to do <insert outrageous claim here> why bother arguing when you've been told that <insert outrageous claim here> is not something currently done?

Does anyone work at a place that rewards customers for that?
            Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

Quoth poofy_puff View Post
              I'm liking stories from this pub better than the ones from your old pub.
              Haha, they are a completely different class of SC...their I.Q's have dropped about 95%

Comment

Quoth Alpha Strike View Post
                Does anyone work at a place that rewards customers for that?
                You mean other than any place with a spineless manager?
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

CRML - Do you think it's possible that the SC's at your old pub ...umm....*followed you* when you moved?

It sure as hell seems like you can't escape them.
                  "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I'm sorry but i totally burst out laughing when I read the customers ever so witty comeback... i'd say it's right up there with "I know you are but what am I"

Comment

Gas *USED* to cost $0.99 a gallon! McDonald's *USED* to sell personal pizzas! Heroin *USED* to be legal!

Those are the things I would probably point out if I were confronted with said comment.
                      "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
                      -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

OLD FART SC: "We've been coming here 30 years, and we've never had a problem getting separate checks before!"
                        COWORKER: "That's impressive, considering we've only been open 19 years."
                        OLD FART SC:

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth icmedia View Post
                          McDonald's *USED* to sell personal pizzas!
                          Really? In the 40+ years I've been eating at McD's I don't recall ever seeing personal pizzas.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                            Really? In the 40+ years I've been eating at McD's I don't recall ever seeing personal pizzas.
                            We had them. And I was greatly disturbed when a friend who worked there told me spoiled ones looked like cooked ones. The pizzas were pretty good though.
                            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Don't you wish you could come back at SC's like that with:

Yes, and you USED to be able to get an entire meal, plus dessert, for $1.85...BACK IN 1952. What's your point?
                              (assuming you worked at a place that's been open that long)
                              I mean really, what does it matter what any store/restaurant USED to do?

Comment

Working...
                              X