This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Twitch* Must Rant- Days of Hell

So this week was fun. Here I was, looking forward to a three day weekend that suddenly became a four day weekend. Sounds great huh? Not how I earned it $@#*&

To make a long story short, a certain management person became unavailable for the third shift. Since she did every third shift, this is a problem. So then, Silver saves the day and steps in.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind helping out. But long night shifts when you are a 2nd shifter is a very hard adjustment. Especially when you get assholes on, I swear, parade.

So day 1, I work 2pm to 11pm = 9 hours
    day 2 6pm to 6am = 12 hours
    day 3 3pm to 6am = 15 hours
    day 4 7pm to 6am = 11 hours

Needless to say, I am beyond tired. I am also a little grouchy, but I managed to be nice and pleasant the whole time to the idiots that called in. A few really pissed me off though.

My "Favorite" Asshole

S= Silver
    B= Bunghole from FI= Financial Institution

They called in on a company that we only call ER calls out to. Otherwise, open calls get faxed in the morning. Note that they called at SEVEN PM

S- Alexis Law Practice(fake name and not the same type of business)
    B- This is B from FI. May I speak with accounts payable?
    S- No, the office has left for the day. Can I take a message?
    B- I have left multiple messages and have not recieved a call back. What are their office hours?
    S- 8 to 5 Monday through Friday
    B- I have tried during those hours. What other number can I contact "Owner" at?
    S- I'm sorry, I am not authorized to release that information.
    B- Just give me an alternate number.
    S- I can't. I can take a message and send it right out, even try to get him on the phone for you.
    B- I want your name now.
    S- Errr.... I'm Silver with the answering service.
    B- Ok Silver, I want to talk to your manager.
    S- At the answering service?
    B- Yes. Give me your supervisor. You people are NOT giving my messages over.
    S- Ma'am, I ASSURE you, We give out all messages that we take. On the other note, my manager is gone for the day.
    B- I want the owner of the service there then.
    S- There is no one here but me.
    B- GIVE ME your supervisor!
    S- I am the only one here, PERIOD.
    B- Fine Silver, here is my information. Tell the owner of Alexis Law to give me a call back. And if I don't receive a call back, you WILL answer for it with your manager!

At that point, I got B's full name.... I DARE her to try that with my manager.... My manager has spine to spare, and was none too please. Especially since all calls are recorded, so she could listen to what happened

She hasn't managed to call yet

Quickies-

NO 65 degrees in your home is NOT an ER when there are single mothers with young children who's home is at 30 degrees. Screw you.

NO 3 inches of water in the basement is not an ER when I have callers with feet of water and no heat or running water.

On a few good notes-

THANK YOU to the service tech who took over 100 calls but still was nice and polite, even when I had to put him on hold MULTIPLE TIMES in the middle of giving him a call. Cookies for you!!

Thank you to the wonderful woman who I transfered to the entirely wrong COMPANY.... She called back and laughed about it, and accepted my ardent apologies with grace.
    "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Silver I offer you puppy kisses and love, some of these yummy stuffed mushrooms I have, some St Julian wine from MI, and ummmm a mallat that reaches through phone lines.

Comment

NO 65 degrees in your home is NOT an ER
      hell that's what my thermostat is set to.

Comment

Working...
      X