This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Hobbs View Post
    Huh, surprising considering Europeans invented check writing in the first place.

You see, the Knights Templar became the greatest money-lenders during the 1000's (?) and even invented what might be considered modern banking. With that said, they began to...
    Absolutely true, I won't contest they had their use. But the debit card (which is similar to the pin-card in Europe) is so much faster. Perhaps before the internet, having a communications line between a store and a bank on the other side of the continent would be a bother, but nowadays?

The only drawback I see is that it places more risk at the consumer, a card can be stolen and a pin-number can be peeked at, forging a check requires knowing the account number, forging a signature and forging a drivers license. Then again, if one don't trust it, use cash. (which in fact are also checks, pre-made and impersonal)

Comment

I just love people that come in to the place I work. They will pull out a credit or debit card and I will tell them sorry we don't take cards. They then ask if they can use a check, again nope. Cash Only inside!

Why cash only?

Checks can bounce and its a pain to get the money. Plus you have to wait on the checks to clear the banks.
      Credit and debit cards charge my boss a fee each time one is ran.

Sorry but my boss is out to make money not fight it in court for a bad check or to pay the credit/debit companies to be allowed to take their cards.

Its funny as heck when they give you that look and say, "I never heard of a place that does't take cards/checks!"

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
        You see, the Knights Templar became the greatest money-lenders during the 1000's (?) and even invented what might be considered modern banking. With that said, they began to...
        Get burned down by a greedy jealous horrible french guy?

Comment

Working...
        X