This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth NightWatch View Post
    What exactly qualifies as a "big girl" name? Helga the skull smasher?
    I'm taking that, I may only be 5' but I covet that name.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

hmm, i'm 5'3", and i also like the 'helga the skullsmasher' name; would have come in handy for those coffee slinging days.
      look! it's ghengis khan!
      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth SCSlave View Post
        Helga The Skull Smasher
        How 'bout "Bertha The Castrator"?

Mentally or physically, it doesn't really matter.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Elizabeth the Emasculator.

Comment

Or maybe just Bruce... Bruce the Brute (yeah, I know we're going with girl names, that's the point)
            "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

On a similar note, I also dislike it when people make assumptions about what nickname you may or may not use. Although my name isn't Elizabeth, I'll use it as an example. If my name tag says Elizabeth and even my fellow associates and managers call me Elizabeth, it's a good bet that it's both my given name and the name I go by. Do not assume that you, a complete stranger, may upon meeting me call me Beth or Lizzie. That is not my name, so stop it.

But...yeah. Regardless of whether this idiot realized his error or not, using a joking tone to veil an insult is pretty aggravating. Considering I'm pretty self-conscious about my weight, it's pretty offensive as well.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth malmalthekiller View Post
                Him: You're a big girl, you need a big name...and a big man!"
                You're a rude man, you need a rude name,... how about Mr Asshole?

Comment

My wife is 5'10". She likes to put on the 3 inch heels so she is taller than I am. (I'm 6'0".)
                  If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
                  --Woodrow Willson

Comment

Good answer, Mister!

Sounds like the man is just a boor. Don't let him get you down.

And for more counter-boor measures, let me just say, if I came through your lane, I'd be silently admiring you, but too polite to open my mouth about it. However, if I overheard the guy, I would tell him off for you, then proceed to lay it on kinda thick. I a full size woman!
                    Suckiness is reinforced up OR down at every transaction. Accepting BS makes them worse for all of us; firm fairness trains them to suck less.

Comment

Working...
                    X