This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Coupon Customer

Today, a customer handed me half of a coupon which had the bar code but no expiration date or savings amount. I told the customer that I needed the whole coupon to accept it. She mentioned that it ripped and I told her what was missing and I still wouldn't accept the half coupon. The customer decided that she didn't want any of her items so I had to void the whole order.

Two of the items were cold items. Luckily, the bagger was able to put them back before they got warm.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Apparently she wasn't smart enough to bring the other half. I wonder if she would've done the same thing with half of a twenty dollar bill.
    To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
    my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

My grandfather used to keep half a $5 bill that he found on the underside of his sunguard (above the drivers seat) in his car. Of course he kept it there for joke purposes and never intended to try and use it to buy something.
      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

The coupon was most likely expired and not for the amount she would have wanted. Which is why part of it was missing. Something I saw quite a few number of times when I was a cashier over ten years ago now.

Comment

Hey, CrazedClerk, I think I met your grandaddy! Some guy I had last summer did that to me.

It was a trip!
          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
            My grandfather used to keep half a $5 bill that he found on the underside of his sunguard (above the drivers seat) in his car. Of course he kept it there for joke purposes and never intended to try and use it to buy something.

My mom keeps half a dollar bill or rips one when she gets shitty service in a resturant, she was a waitress for a long time so that is her way of telling the server they sucked. No tip the server thinks your just a cheapskate, small tip they think you just don't know how to tip, but a half a dollar bill = you sucked..

Comment

Ah, if only we had small enough bills over here, I'd love to pull that one, as well.

It's just... the lowest denomination we have as a bill is 5 Euros (roughly $6.50), and I don't think I'd want to sacrifice that amount of money.

Well, I guess, I'll have to stick to pointedly giving a 1 or 2 cent tip to honor major suckage...
              I still miss my ex.
              But my aim is getting better.

Comment

Maybe the coupon was for half off!

I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

I had the same thing happen at my old store once, except that the coupon was CUT in half. THe would-be scammer had cut off the bottom part of the coupon, which conveniently had the expiration date on it. He was attempting to pass it in the hopes that without the date there, I'd have no choice but to accept it.

Turned it down, and it turned out that it was indeed expired.
                  "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
                  X