Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Pick Up After Your Child.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Pick Up After Your Child.

Tsk, I forgot, this also happened last night but I'll make a new thread instead of editing my old one.

Now, we have a section of summer toys and we have a section of balls for kids to play with. As I'm ringing out a customer, I see this giant red ball go FLYING and land in front of the aisle with summer toys. The culprit is a little boy that I know. Said boy is about 3 years old, so I don't fault him for being a bit messy, as kids usually are. I do fault his mother, though.

So the boy picks up the red ball and then sees the racks of toys we have. Within 5 seconds he has five toys scattered around him and is quite happily playing with them. His mother is off at the pharmacy, oblivious to everything. She sees her son, scolds him and....

Wait for it...

that's it. She just scolds him. Does she tell him to pick up the toys? Does she help him? Nope. She leaves everything there and then wanders off to look at pain relievers. This aisle is a high traffic aisle and there are loads of people wandering around. Toys on the floor is a trip hazard. Does mother realize this? Oh no.

Two minutes later, I catch the boy playing in between the carts we have, crawling in them and trying to stick his hands in the wheels. Where is mother? WAAAAAY off in the back of the store, looking at pain relievers. Boy grabs out more toys and plays with those, and mother is still nowhere in sight.

It's only when she sees a man with a cane walking down the aisle that she finally goes to pick up the toys. But of course, she leaves behind the giant red ball and one smaller baseball for people to trip over. A coworker went and put them away at last.

How hard is it to keep your child by your side and to teach him to pick up after himself? I mean, how?
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Don't you know her child is such a damn detriment? Either that or she's so full of herself that she really thinks she's entitled to free childcare when she goes shopping, courtesy of employees at the store.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

5$ on the second one, 'entitled to free childcare'?

Or, she's one of those people who

just

doesn't

care!
      I like things that go *bang!*

Comment

Two minutes later, I catch the boy playing in between the carts we have, crawling in them and trying to stick his hands in the wheels. Where is mother? WAAAAAY off in the back of the store, looking at pain relievers.
        Rather good foresight she has there.
        I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
          Rather good foresight she has there.
          ARG! I was drinking something this time

She would've had better foresight if she was shopping for replacement fingers for the kid, though.
          I like things that go *bang!*

Comment

How hard is it to keep your child by your side and to teach him to pick up after himself? I mean, how?
            for the price of a child leash you can keep him by your side all the time.

Comment

Quoth Wingates_Hellsing View Post
              ARG! I was drinking something this time

She would've had better foresight if she was shopping for replacement fingers for the kid, though.
              You can console yourself that you're the first person that I've ever made break Rule 1
              I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Working...
              X