This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just plain Huh?

I just got off the phone after talking with a now NON donor. He called to complain that he was going to make a donation on our web site but now refuses to because we have the "audacity" to require his e-mail address.
    I explained to him that we do this so the donor can get a receipt asap for tax purposes. He said that since his credit card company already sends him a receipt and that we should not have to. (FYI - 501C3 non-profits are REQUIRED to provide receipts).
    I told him I would be happy to take his donation by phone and he would not need to give his e-mail address at all. He said he was already "SOOOO ANGRY" about "Having to make this phone call to complain" that he would never donate to us "EVER!".
    I just told him I would pass on his comments. He said "I hope so" and hung up.

I wonder what he does if the toast is burned? Break out the uzi?
    Last edited by Sheldonrs; 03-18-2009, 03:04 PM.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
    I wonder what he does if the toast is burned? Break out the uzi?
    Probably not, since he would have shot and killed himself by now should he try to use one .

He must be doing something about that darn toaster though... golf club?
    The frequent self-inflicted blows to the head would explain the density of his skull...

Anywhoo, why do people act like their e-mail is some sort of sacred code, rivaling the importance of things like their birth date, home adress, and SSN?

I for humanity.
    I like things that go *bang!*

Comment

it is because most customers are too stupid the realize that you can get more than a single email address, heck I work for an ISP, we confirm email addresses, and people act like I just pulled out a club (hint: your ISP knows your email address you gave us, its NOT a secret)
      Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
      pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

I've got five personal email addresses (that I can remember) plus work. I have a main one, a couple of secondaries when I don't want to give out the main one, and two I really don't use.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

We have a surprising number of customers who use a web form to get an activation code sent by email and purposely supply a fake email address. I receive the emails that are generated by the web form.

Their "cleverness" leads to two very amusing outcomes:

1. They email us from their real address asking why we didn't email them an activation code.

2. They submit the form again a few minutes later. The smart ones use a real email address the second time (you can almost hear the "D'oh!" when they realize what they did). The dumb ones will use a fake address AGAIN, sometimes more than once. The record so far is seven.
          The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

What a self-righteous twit!

He gets to brag that he's some kind of wonderful donor, and keep his money!

Special place in hell. All I'm sayin'.

Comment

yeeeaaahhhhh.... how wonderfully kind-hearted of him. To actually refuse to make a donation where he was going to, merely because of something like that..???? Mate - keep your money then! (and pray you never need to rely on other people's charity)
              When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

there's actually a website out there where you can create an E-mail address that expires in like an hour, for just such an occasion. Or you could just do what I do and use your school and/or company address as your main and deflect spam and registration crap to one of many others. It's gotten to the point where I am on a couple of mailing lists I don't remember signing up for.
                All Hail Blortash, King of the Time Traveling Space Bears, who comes to us from Future Year 3032, known to us Earth Mortals as Regular 3032.

Comment

Working...
                X