This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth NightWatch View Post
    That's rather shitty of them. I'm pretty good with makeup, if you want some ideas on how to cover up the eczema (so everyone shuts up about it), PM me. Unless makeup exacerbates it, then nevermind and I'm sorry.
    I think it's better if I don't wear too much makeup on it (and frankly, I'm lazy when it comes to makeup :P) . It usually clears up if I use a strong moisturizer. (I use spectro Eczema care). but thanks!

Can you use any meds on it? I know most things can't be used near the eyes, risk of blindness and all.
    I just use a stron moisturizer (spectro Eczema care) or hydrocortison, mostly the former. I just forget sometimes, and in the winter it gets pretty dry (though I didn't have as much as a problem when I lived in Vancouver, luckily I'm moving back there soon!)
    Last edited by Broomjockey; 03-20-2009, 09:02 PM. Reason: consecutive posts
    “Bad taste creates many more millionaires than good taste.”

-Charles Bukowski

Comment

Quoth Erin View Post
      I have a problem with that too. One of my eyes is blue AND brown. The other eye has it too, but not as prominent. The brown is around the pupil, and the blue is in the outer part of the iris. It's called "heterochromia".
      My boyfriend has the same condition. I think it looks amazing.
      Last edited by Broomjockey; 03-20-2009, 09:03 PM. Reason: overquoting.

Comment

Me too! My eyes both used to be blue-green, but as a teen my left eye decided to become hazel. Which means that if I wear blue colors, they look similar, but if I wear brown people start to look at me funny.

Wow, seriously, thanks, cos I didn't know humans got that. My cat had 2 green eyes til he was about 3yo, then one turned brown.
        One vet said "Hmm, prolly cancer". Awesome, thanks!!! My vet friend suggested sun damage. Tom is now 16 yo, with no sight/perception problems. His paunch is another story, fat bugger.

Until I was about 27 I had a prominent chicken pox scar under my right eye, and people were constantly prodding (literally) my face saying "what's that?".

a) Chicken pox is pretty common, most people get it, and know what the scar looks like.

b) Do not poke my face! What makes you think that's ok?

Thank god it's faded, though I got a bit sad when I realised it was gone. I'd had it a real long time.
        However, I have a good friend with psoriasis, along her hairline, tummy, random spots. She is model-gorgeous and so confirdent, and yet I can't begin to think how hard school must have been for her, and even how much she must brush off things even now.

I used to have a cust that had that lobster-hand/foot genetic defect. Sure, he seemed a bit lonely, but in good spirits, and I was always careful to place his change gently in his palm, but I would never have dreamed of poking his hand and saying "So, what's up with that?"
        Last edited by groveldog; 03-21-2009, 03:18 PM.

Comment

b) Do not poke my face! What makes you think that's ok?
          I don't get why people think it's fine to touch a total stranger on purpose without their permission. I didn't get that so much with my eczema, but I have curly hair and people like to pull on the ringlets, since they bounce. Just no. It used to happen constantly in school, until I started telling people it was $5 a pull :P
          “Bad taste creates many more millionaires than good taste.”

-Charles Bukowski

Comment

Quoth Muses_nightmare View Post
            $5 a pull :P
            Heeeeelllllllllooooooo guttermind. How I've missed you! *dives face first in to the gutter*
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Muses_nightmare View Post
              "what happened to your eye!?"
              I would be responding with "someone punched me because I asked a stranger nosey questions"
              I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Since there has been discussion of various skin problems, I wanted to share a product my wife found. Actually I found it for her when the woman who makes and sells it wanted me to do some work for her, unfortunately what she wanted is not in my area of expertise. It is called Skin-Lasting. My wife has always had dry sensitive skin that has gotten worst over the years, needing hydration. Skin-Lasting makes her skin soft and supple without any oily residue. She also uses it on her face and doesn’t need expensive creams anymore.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Yeah, I had pretty bad eczema / psoriasis on my hands and feet for like 20 years, since i was little. So of course as soon as I entered the retail world, customers would see my hands and say "aww what's wrong with your hands?"

I don't actually mind the personal violation (although its completely valid, I just personally don't care), but I *HATE* repetitiveness, so it became something I absolutely hated hearing.

MOSTLY though, I hated when people had an OMG MIRACLE CURE. I just wanted to say, every time, "look, I've had this shit all my life. Ive been through literally dozens of topical and internal medication, natural remedies, anything you can think of. different things work for different people, so take your miracle cure and fuck off kthx."

Incidentally though, I actually DID find a miracle cure :P Goats milk soap. Got rid of it within a month. I wasnt sure whether to be over the moon, or pissed off that I hadn't found it earlier.

Comment

Working...
                  X