This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was it a full moon?

We had one lady call in the other day to say that she had paid for an item a while ago, but had not been in to pick it up yet, and she wanted to make arrangements to do that.

No problem.

"What was the item and when did you pay for it?"

Might have known there would be a problem.
    The item was a hot water tank, and she claims that she had paid for it over 4 years ago. She no longer had her receipt, so she didn't know the SKU number, but she had her bank statement showing a purchase.

Ummm...if she bought it 4 years ago, that was at our old store, before the merger. Our new store has been operating 3 years.
    We are on a completely different computer system with no access to old records from that store.

Before we closed up and moved, it was my job to call all customers with paid merchandise, or items on layaway, and give them a deadline to come and get their items.
    She would have been called.

For those who chose to ignore the polite requests, we still moved their stuff over to the new place and it was set aside, where they were repeatedly called until the items were picked up.

There were no hot water tanks. I know. It's my job and I have a really good memory for things like that.
    Now, it's possible one slipped by me if it was set out in a trailer and the paperwork never crossed my desk, and then, when the merchandise was moved, it came over with regular stock from the trailer.

I checked several SKU's to see if any adjustments had ever been made and perhaps one had accidentally been counted in as stock, but there were none that I could see that had been adjusted.
    Of course, without a receipt, it's difficult.

She was told that she was out of luck without a receipt and she went ballistic, ranting that we had been sitting on her money all these years and now she couldn't get what she paid for.
    She claimed her husband would be coming in or calling, but so far there has been nothing.

I couldn't believe it when I was told about it.
    I asked if she had just woke from a coma and suddenly remembered she needed hot water really bad.

I have no idea if this was just some dump prank, or a scam attempt, or if we really haven't heard the last of it.

I am hoping it was just a scam attempt.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

LOL!

What a freak. That happens all the time at our office, where people place orders and never come in to pick up their shit.

Thankfully glasses and contacts don't take up all that much room, otherwise we'd be buried by now.
    "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

i'd say... if she insists it's true... the bank statement will prove it.

Comment

All a bank statement shows is that a purchase was made.
        It doesn't say what that purchase was, nor does it prove that the item was never picked up.
        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I'm willing to bet she bought it, picked it up, installed it, and now it's busted. Probably through her own fault. And now it's a scam for a free one.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            I'm willing to bet she bought it, picked it up, installed it, and now it's busted. Probably through her own fault. And now it's a scam for a free one.
            And sadly, there are alot of places out there who will cave in to these sort of shenanigans, just to shut the person up.

Granted, perhaps not on such a large-ticket item, but I'm sure it's happened more times than we care to know.
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

How do she really manage to go that long without her hot water heater, if she is telling the truth? I mean really now......
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

but 4 years?????
                Why in the HECK would a person purchase a waterheater without installing it? "Oh, please, store this humungous item for me for the next 5 years until I need it."

Weird.

Cutenoob
                In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Working...
                X