This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleeping Friggin' Beauty

If you read that with a bad NYC/Soprano-type accent, you get a cookie. Or bacon if you're RWH.

Mr. Thorn-in-my-ass:

I understand you live in a gated community and no solicitors are allowed inside the gate. It really sucks that this guy snuck in behind another resident and started trying to solicit whatever it is he’s peddling. Really, it does. But when I ask you specific questions about his clothing, height, and weight, and you won’t give me any details other then “he’s black!!!”, that makes you a useless jackass. Really, it does.

Me: Sir, I know for a fact there is more then one black man in this state, so please, can you tell me what color his sweater is?
    SC: No!! He’s black!

So apparently black men have such iridescent flesh that old, rich, racist white men can’t actually look directly at them, lest they go blind. Does that mean black men have super powers? I managed to goad convince this prick to give me a full description, eventually, but I think I gave him an aneurysm with my persistence.

PS: That quote came after MANY attempts to get information out of this man, and I also said it in a very polite voice. It may sound harsh to many of you. But in my line of work, sometimes you have to give callers a real reason WHY you need to know the answers to your questions. Callers are often agitated and upset when they call in, so it’s difficult to wheedle necessary info out of them sometimes.

Sleeping F***ing Beauty:

The next person who calls in and hears my recorded greeting and says: Geez!!!! You sound tired!!” (You know, in that way that really means “you sound bitchy”) is getting this, “Gee! And you sound like an asshole.”

Best Buy my @$$:

Best Buy, you have the worst policy, and I feel bad for your employees whom you force to spout BS at customers. I admit, I got a little irritated when I called to cancel my Reward Zone card. The simple fact of the matter is that I do not need this credit card. I’ve paid it off and I don’t need it. The woman I was speaking to kept playing the, “are you suuuuurrrrre?” and “why do you wanna cancel?!” Apparently the reason I gave already just wasn’t good enough. Again, I know it’s not her fault she has to ask so many questions, but I eventually snapped a little and just told her, “Miss, this is a $500 credit card. I can get a credit card through my bank with a $3,000 dollar limit. Now you tell me WHY I need this card so bad?”

The economy is in the shitter and part of it has to do with people using credit they don’t have to buy expensive shit. Encouraging people to own a bunch of credit cards sounds like a bad idea to me. Bad like wandering naked through the woods in Maine during mosquito season…

It’s called a baby-sitter:

I had WAY too many calls about young children going missing today. The parents call freaking out like Ted Bundy just walked by and snatched their kid, but really they just failed to keep an eye on their child and suddenly it’s my fault. These kids were all found within ten minutes of “going missing”. Pay attention or hire a f***ing babysitter!!

Oh, and another thing, if another family member takes your kid to their house, and they are NOT some sick, depraved individual; do NOT, for the love of Jesus, scream ‘kidnapping’. It causes us a lot of problems, especially with the media and becomes a big unnecessary mess. That’s right, I’m talking to you <other police dispatching agency>!

They just keep getting stupider:

SC: So where would I like, get information…
    Me: *411?*
    SC: on like laws and stuff…? Like is there a number I can call for that?
    Me: I haven’t heard of a law information hotline, but you can try the internet.

As I continue to talk to this man-creature, it comes out that he has warrants and he wants to know if he can be extradited back to Utah if he moves out of state. Look dumb ass, it’s ALWAYS a good idea to just take care of your warrants and legal troubles. Running away from them tends to make things infinitely worse for you. Me? I’m just gonna sit here and laugh.

Say it with me, NINE – ONE – ONE:

Not 411… I’m sorry that I don’t have the number to the “food business” (yes, that’s what he called it, "the food business", as in he couldn't remember the name but expected me to) on X road. That road is probably 15 miles long, be more specific, and again, I’m not a phone book. Asking twice and then angrily hanging up on me will not change that fact. Unless you’re a magical wizard, in which case, my level 70 Blood Elf will do terrible things to you.

And now my week is done. *sigh of relief*
    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Quoth NightWatch View Post
    Or bacon if you're RWH.
    BACON!

That 411 dude, yeah, I think he's on some herb, maaaaaaan.
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

He was very angry sounding... Maybe on the 'roids. Needed some protein bro, hoorah! I've never met an angry pothead.
      "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

...come to think I've never met an angry pothead, either.

............never met a pothead, actually. :-\

Comment

^^^ That you know of

I'l tell you honestly, I'd rather hang around a bunch of potheads than a bunch of drunks! I don't care for it myself, but hey, those people APPRECIATE cookies. (As opposed to tossing them, heh).

But I probably wouldn't want to deal with them on the phone

Comment

Well, okay, Pollock (Dad) calls J at the Diner a Pothead but only because J always looks like he's stoned (and J gets a real kick outta Pollock calling him Pothead, since he's shipping out pretty soon).

And an Ex used to dabble in Pot, but never around me (we Gamed together, which was probaly the only reason we even hung out in the first place...I kissed my dog more than I kissed him ).

Comment

Quoth NightWatch View Post
              Unless you’re a magical wizard, in which case, my level 70 Blood Elf will do terrible things to you.
              I'm disappointed. You haven't got to 80 yet?
              This post has been brought to you by the IPF SC Neutering Campaign.

Comment

Quoth Locksmith_from_Hell View Post
                I'm disappointed. You haven't got to 80 yet?
                Mages are OP!!! Especially frost and arcane!! <shakes a warlock fist of anger>

As for Best Buy....sounds like they're terrified they're going to become another Circuit City. I would almost dance with happiness if they did....that company is EVIL.
                By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                  ...come to think I've never met an angry pothead, either.

............never met a pothead, actually. :-\
                  To quote Bill Hicks:

You will never see someone high on pot get in a fight because it is fucking IMPOSSIBLE!

"Hey, BUDDY!"
                  "Hey, WHAT?!"
                  *Silence*
                  End of argument!
                  The New Orleans Saints are your 2009 NFL champions.

Believe dat.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                    Mages are OP!!! Especially frost and arcane!! <shakes a warlock fist of anger>
                    Not against Death knights, they're not.

Now, to get back on topic:

Me: Sir, I know for a fact there is more then one black man in this state, so please, can you tell me what color his sweater is?
                    SC: No!! He’s black!
                    Really? What exactly did he expect you to do, get a lineup consisting of every black guy in town?

Comment

Working...
                    X