This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another fun day in the pharmacy

Happy Friday to my fellow retail employees!

Because it's against the DAMN LAW!!! part 1

I am on intake, of course.

Me:
    SC: Crotchety old bitch

Me: Thank you for calling blank pharmacy, this is Reirei, how may I help you?
    SC: 0-0-5... * I really hate when people don't even bother returning your greeting and instead go strait to the refill number, it's rude*
    Me: Ma'am?
    SC: 5-5...
    Me: MA'AM!
    SC: I am trying to give you my refill number, lemme finish!
    Me: Ma'am, unfortunatly, our stores script numbers do not start with two zeros. Maybe you ment to call *famous 24 hour pharmacy*?
    SC: I know that. I want you to transfer it over.
    Me: Unfortunatly ma'am, we need to see the bottle to validate the existance of the prescription. So if you would like to bring it in today, we would be happy to transfer it.
    SC: Well, you've done it before, why can't you do it now?? *I hate these*
    Me: Unfortunatly ma'am, it is against the law for us to do so.
    SC: Some one did it before so you should do IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!
    Me: Ma'am, as I said it is against the law, so unless you bring in the bottle, we can't do anything.
    SC: I can't believe you are going to make a OLD WOMAN drive out there for something you could do over THE PHONE!!!!!!
    Me: Well ma'am, we can't change the law, only obey it. Have a nice day! *click*

Seriously??

I am at intake, no shocker, and a man who reeks of maryjane comes up to the counter.

Me:
    SC:
    ARPhx: Awesome Pharm

Me: Hi, how can I help you today?
    SC: *Clears throat* Uh.. Yeah, my kid's three and is having like allergies. What can I give him?
    Me: .... Let me get the pharmacist for you.
    ARPhx: How can I help you?
    SC: *Says the same thing again, even clearing his throat as before*
    ARPhx: Unfortunatly, childrens Benadryl is for an older child so I have to tell you to talk to your pediatrician.
    SC: Well, I give benadryl to my dog, so the kid should be fine.
    Me and ARPhx:
    ARPhx: Sir, I am going to seriously reiterate talking to your pediatrician before you give him anything.
    SC: *walks away*

It's against the DAMN LAW!!! part 2

I am on intake, and a guy is at my window telling me what he wants to refill.

Me: I am sorry sir, the oxycodone has no refills, we can fax the doctor for a five days supply or you can go and get a new one from him.
    SC: Well, I am going to be out then, so give me a couple few to tide me over.
    Me: I am sorry sir, I can not "give" you a few controlled substance.
    SC: Why the hell not?
    Me: Unfortunatly sir, it's against the law. So you are just going to have to get a new one unfortunatly.
    SC: .... But why can't you just give me a couple to tide me over till then?
    Me: .... It's against the law. *said with the word law enunciated* I would be fired and in trouble with the police. and i can't get to them with out a pharmacists key and that isn't happening.
    SC: FINE then. Just do my other refills. *stomps away*

I should have known better, I really should have.

It was my day off and i was in my store *big mistake* shopping. I was in the dairy section looking at all the new flavors of yogurt when I felt a tap on my shoulder. It's one of the regular meanies from the pharmacy, great.

Me: Hello.
    SC: I need something.
    Me: ... Not from me. * goes back to yogurt*
    SC: *Taps me on the shoulder again* Hey! I am TALKING to you!
    Me: And i am not working so I can't help you.
    SC: Well I want the 100 calorie bannana pudding.
    Me: *points to the two dairy associates that are out putting away stuff* You'll have to ask them, 'cause I can't help you.
    SC: Well THEY'RE busy. YOU are not doing anything.
    Me: *sigh* I don't have to lady. It's my day off.
    SC: Well I WANT that pudding.
    Me: I can't help you ma'am. You are just going to have to ask them or live with the disapointment. *walks away*

And one from Awesome Pharm:

SC: just wants to get the good stuff
    ARPhx: Awesome pharm is awesome.

A Lady apparently came in with a script and could not understand why we would not fill it.

ARPhx: Ma'am, it says in your file that you are allergic to morphine is that true.
    SC: Yeah, I get a bad reaction.
    ARPhx: Ma'am unfortunatly, dilaudid also known as hydromorphone is made from morphine.
    SC: WHAT! Dilaudid isn't morphine! It doesn't have the same name!
    ARPhx: Ma'am it's generic name and formulary * I think that's the word she used but don't quote me* is HYDROMORPHONE it is made from MORPHINE and you are therefore ALLERGIC to it.
    SC: Well, you don't know what you are talking about! GIVE ME BACK MY PRESCRIPTION!
    ARPhx: *legally, we have to give scripts back unless they can be proven as fraudulent, so ARPhx wrote on the script that the pt is highly allergic to morphine and our store #* Here you go ma'am.
    SC: *Does not even bother to look at script and shoves it in her purse* I am going to take this to a place where they know what they are doing.
    ARPhx: Good luck with that ma'am.

Later after telling me this story she said:
    ARPhx: After customers like this I sometimes feel like I went to college for 7 years to be yelled at by people who never even finished 9th grade.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid customers.

"Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire, called conscience." - George Washington

Oooof. Y'know, I was thinking about going the Pharm Tech route...now I'm thinking no.
    "I'm not even supposed to be here today!" Dante-"Clerks"

Comment

Imagine if the illegal part 2 guy tried to bribe you, talk about being stuck between an idiot and a hard place...

Maybe the old lady was a former lawyer, that would explain why she thought she knew more about medicine than Awesome Pharm
      I like things that go *bang!*

Comment

Quoth reirei
        It's against the DAMN LAW!!! part 2

I am on intake, and a guy is at my window telling me what he wants to refill.

Me: I am sorry sir, the oxycodone has no refills, we can fax the doctor for a five days supply or you can go and get a new one from him.
        SC: Well, I am going to be out then, so give me a couple few to tide me over.
        Me: I am sorry sir, I can not "give" you a few controlled substance.
        SC: Why the hell not?
        Me: Unfortunatly sir, it's against the law. So you are just going to have to get a new one unfortunatly.
        SC: .... But why can't you just give me a couple to tide me over till then?
        Me: .... It's against the law. *said with the word law enunciated* I would be fired and in trouble with the police. and i can't get to them with out a pharmacists key and that isn't happening.
        SC: FINE then. Just do my other refills. *stomps away*
        i've had the pharmacy tide me over with my antidepressents. is that something i shouldn't thank there supervisors for? then again there's a big difference between oxycodone and paxil...
        To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
        my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

Quoth Wingates_Hellsing View Post
          Imagine if the illegal part 2 guy tried to bribe you, talk about being stuck between an idiot and a hard place...

Maybe the old lady was a former lawyer, that would explain why she thought she knew more about medicine than Awesome Pharm
          People have offered me money to get them drugs. No way in hell. No chance of any kind of medical career with that on my record. And it's just plain wrong to bite the hand that feeds you.

Quoth joe hx View Post
          i've had the pharmacy tide me over with my antidepressents. is that something i shouldn't thank there supervisors for? then again there's a big difference between oxycodone and paxil...
          As you said, it's because paxil is not a controled substance. We have no prob giving people a couple as long as they have a prescription for it with us before.

Quoth TequilaSunrise View Post
          Oooof. Y'know, I was thinking about going the Pharm Tech route...now I'm thinking no.
          Maybe you could be one in a hospital. No crazy customers at least.
          Last edited by reirei; 03-20-2009, 05:14 AM. Reason: Spelling is my enemy.
          There are no stupid questions, just stupid customers.

"Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire, called conscience." - George Washington

Comment

Wow, thanks for reminding me why I need to stick with sales and not go back to being a clinic social worker. The years I worked for Dr Moron I was the one that had to handle all narcotic early refill requests and it was just ridiculous the stories people would try to come up with as to why One guy even went so far as to claim that he had gone swimming with his Oxy in his pocket and another claimed that the police had mistakenly taken them away. You explain again and again that in this state there has to be a legitimate medical exam with each script written and they freak out. I cannot tell you how many people I fired from the practice for drug seeking.
            "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth reirei View Post

Seriously??

Me: Hi, how can I help you today?
              SC: *Clears throat* Uh.. Yeah, my kid's three and is having like allergies. What can I give him?
              Me: .... Let me get the pharmacist for you.
              ARPhx: How can I help you?
              SC: *Says the same thing again, even clearing his throat as before*
              ARPhx: Unfortunatly, childrens Benadryl is for an older child so I have to tell you to talk to your pediatrician.
              Me and ARPhx:
              ARPhx: Sir, I am going to seriously reiterate talking to your pediatrician before you give him anything.
              SC: *walks away*
              Actually, I give benadryl to my dog during the summer. She has flea allergies and the vet recommended it to stop the itching and scratching. And it works.

But I have no idea if Ganja Dude in this story gave it to his dog because it's beneficial for the dog or because he's a moron. I'm guessing the latter.
              Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth reirei View Post
                Maybe you could be one in a hospital. No crazy customers at least.
                You try sitting in a hospital pharmacy for a few hours some time, and just watch what those poor folks have to put up with! I'd rather work retail any day!
                Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
                  You try sitting in a hospital pharmacy for a few hours some time, and just watch what those poor folks have to put up with! I'd rather work retail any day!
                  In the hospital pharmacy thats like a convieience store, yes, since they fill for the clinics in the area. But theres usually a seperate pharmacy that does just inpatient prescriptions and fills the drug machines on the floors, and NOT accessible to the public. LOL. Thats the job Id want. Not too many crazies up there (Unless youre headed to the mental ward. lol.)

Comment

Quoth reirei View Post
                    Seriously??
                    Me and ARPhx:
                    So I guess he's not against animal testing?

Guy was a tool. "Dog's fine. Kid's like a dog. Both always poopin' and eatin'. Kid should be fine." What a thought process.
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                      Guy was a tool. "Dog's fine. Kid's like a dog. Both always poopin' and eatin'. Kid should be fine." What a thought process.
                      Totally a tool. Dogs listen and obey better than kids.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                        Kid's going to really pissed when they grow up and discover that chocolate is not poisonous (to humans).
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                          Kid's going to really pissed when they grow up and discover that chocolate is not poisonous (to humans).
                          Bwahahahahahahaha!

Just couldn't resist...
                          I like things that go *bang!*

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
                            You try sitting in a hospital pharmacy for a few hours some time, and just watch what those poor folks have to put up with!
                            God, yes. I'm amazed at some of the stuff I see at my hospital's pharmacy. The fun ones are people arguing with the poor tech if they're trying to refill their script before their insurance says they can, or trying to get more than one fill at a time (most insurance won't cover more than one month of anything at a time) and are outraged when it's not covered and they have to pay.

Now I just call my refills in to avoid exposing myself to the stoopid any more than is necessary.
                            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                            X