This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic Meltdown

I saw the most amazingly epic complete meltdown while at work today. Seriously, I have never seen anyone loose it that badly- well, except for that internet video of the Asian lady that missed her flight.

The district manager (DM) and DM’s boss were in the store today. There was a late-20s-early-30s-ish African American woman looking through the merchandise in the women's section. I was hanging clothes in the front of the store and saw the whole event go down.

The DM’s boss approached the woman. I wasn't close enough to hear what DM's boss said, but everyone in the store and in the Chinese take-out next door could hear what she screamed at the top of her lungs.

"THIS IS DISCRIMINATION!!!" *throws clothes at DM’s boss*

"THIS IS F*&^ING DISCRIMINATION!!" *stomps over to another clothes rack, throws clothes on floor*

“AAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!” *raises hands in air*

"GOD, GIVE ME STRENGTH!!" *makes her way over to the front door*

“THIS IS F*&^ING DISCRIMINATION!!! I’M GOING TO SUE YOU FOR DISCRIMINATION! I’M GOING TO OWN THIS STORE BY THE TIME I’M DONE WITH YOU!!!” *opens door, exits, and slams it closed.*

It was amazing and scary at the same time. I was too stunned and far away to really do anything.

Bwuh?? Did you ever find out what the DM's boss said to her?
    "I'm not even supposed to be here today!" Dante-"Clerks"

Comment

I'm torn between wondering what she was so striken over, and knowing that that knowledge would kill the faith in humanity I just barely managed to get going again...

Ah well, I suppose it's better I don't know
      I like things that go *bang!*

Comment

I didn't have a chance to ask my co-worker what DM's boss said. Co-worker was closer to the action. CW is working tomorrow, and I'll ask. That lady is usually very nice & laid back, she is also friends with another co-worker.

Comment

Yikes, glad that wasn't directed at me! What in the nine hells did he say to her?!
          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
            What in the nine hells did he say to her?!
            Patience is a virtue, we shall see if the CW deignes to give us knowledge on the SCs crazyness tommorow when Griffin has a chance to ask... until then: we shall wait

*foot tapping*

Till then, anyone want to find out what happens to Pepsi after you microwave it for 30 mins? or should I set some CDs on fire?
            (/humor)

Comment

I had a co-worker back in 1998 or so go totally apeshit with a white customer who called her a "n#%%$%" at some point of his arguing with her (I'll assume it's a priced item that he disagreed with, we get that all the time back then.).

Oh she screamed so loud, I was like 13 lanes away from her. With me being deaf and wearing hearing-aids and for me to pick that up from 13 lanes away (usually it takes a really loud noise like a car horn while standing on a sidewalk for me to hear it).

Two TLs and 2 LPs came running down to her lane and had to drag her away from the SC cuz she was ready to tear him into shreds.

They pulled her into the TL's office with one TL leaving the office and went to the co-worker's lane and finished up with the SC who then left while wearing a shit eating grin on his face.

The TL eventually caught up with the rest of the customers and closed the lane.

The co-worker later walks out fuming, missing her name tag, which meant she got fired.

I don't blame the ex co-worker, but what I don't understand is why they allowed the SC to get away with what he did?

I haven't heard anything like a lawsuit from the ex co-worker or something. If there were, it was prolly done out of court with NDAs (Non-Disclosure Agreement) signed. That happens alot and it saves the company from public exposure.
              "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Quoth Wingates_Hellsing View Post
                I'm torn between wondering what she was so striken over, and knowing that that knowledge would kill the faith in humanity I just barely managed to get going again...
                Wait, you have faith in humanity?
                If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Silly you!
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Geez, all you have to do nowadays when things don't go your way is pull the race card? No fair! I never received mine in the mail!

Quoth AriGriffin View Post
                    “T I’M GOING TO OWN THIS STORE BY THE TIME I’M DONE WITH YOU!!!” *
                    Yeah lady, I'm sure you will. And with that demeanour, I'm sure it'll be a outstanding success!!
                    http://prosenylund.wordpress.com/

Comment

Quoth yizuman View Post
                      I had a co-worker back in 1998 or so go totally apeshit with a white customer who called her a "n#%%$%" at some point of his arguing with her
                      Hm. ours was at husband's work, a whiteemployee was *discussing* something with a black employee, and teh white girl said "I'm not your n*****". I gather the black woman tried to sue, but it didn't work out.

Comment

Till then, anyone want to find out what happens to Pepsi after you microwave it for 30 mins? or should I set some CDs on fire?
                        (/humor)
                        I got some flat pepsi. I wonder what would happen.....

I also have some unsalted, unsweetened (Sucrolose) kettlecorn in my colander. It got passe din the factory. Ick, unsalted and unbuttered popcorn is yucky.

Comment

CW said DM's boss told the lady to open her purse so it could be searched for stolen items.

Comment

...did he have a legitimate reason to ask her that?

Comment

Whaaaaat?

I have a little bit of faith in my self from time to time...

I guess the question is: 'am I really human'?

I also didn't get my race card, does that have something to do with being a blonde at birth? cuz I don't have blue eyes...

EDIT: don't try the pepsi... it burns us...

Comment

Working...
                              X