Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno.. lamb.. lamb tends to make me sick. hmm did you guys ever have the McRib down there.. gosh that was the most disgusting thing i've smelled.. at least from work.. ugh

Comment

Blue Man Group
      !!!!
      \0/\0/\0/

heh, i'm not a roofdweller anymore (cos it costs now)
      but i was one of the BMMB posters (not under this name) and use to post over at bluemanlibrary (under that same non-pepperelf name)

Comment

Quoth Norton View Post
        When you are not sure if the customer is done ordering, you could ask "What else can I get you?" or "What else would you like today?"

That way, you're encouraging them to order more without actually upselling a specific item. No pressure either way.
        Can't ask them that either. We are expected to be mind readers or that the customers are oh so perfect and will tell us that they are done ordering.
        "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
          When people order, we are not allowed to ask them if that is all or ANY variation of that. I got a telling off for asking if their order was complete. So, I have stopped doing that.

Did that policy get changed? B/c while i rarely eat fast food (well ok.. i suppose it's down to occasionally lol but im attempting to eat better :P) but anyways @ my local Mcd's I think about 80% of the time I've been asked 'anything else?' or 'Is that all?' when I've went through drive thru.

It just makes sense b/c some people ordering (myself included) tend to pause between 'item # 1, and item # 2, and item # 3 etc.'

but yea. I've never flipped out on someone for giving me a total when I wasn't done ordering. cuz yea, it's not like it's hard to change an order in the comps to like 'add lg coke' or whatever.

How's new trainee girl workin out? (as i assume she's now been there for abit)
          Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
            Can't ask them that either. We are expected to be mind readers or that the customers are oh so perfect and will tell us that they are done ordering.
            Wait...HOW are you supposed to know that the order is done if you're not even allowed to say "Can I get you anything else today?" -- I'm not sure I want to know the answer to this question, but what kind of Dibertian morons are up at Corporate?

The guy in the line seems to have been *expecting* a question along those lines, too.

I don't think i have EVER not heard some sort of politely-phrased "is that all?" question unless I tell them "I'd like X and Y, please that's it". >_<

Geez...
            Last edited by EricKei; 07-30-2009, 11:16 PM.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Wait, wha?! Can't ask if the order's been completed?! You're clearly in the right for calling that policy the steaming pile that it is.

However, if you have no other choice but to follow this sheer corporate lunacy, might it help to say that I seem to notice (with normal people, anyway, so not much of a help when dealing with SCs) that when giving a list, such as an order at the window, the voice tends to inflect higher (if that's the right term; might be thinking something else, and my brain's starting to shut itself down for the night) when there's more to come, and a lower or more even one when the last item is listed? Not having had any experience with being on the other side of the process, I'm not sure how good the equipment is, but if it's decent enough to catch, it may help some.

No, seriously, try it yourself. Make a list of various items, and read it back (aloud if you need to; just say the customers drove ya nuts if called on it ). You might be surprised at how it ends up coming out.

Comment

There's a reason they can't ask any variation of "is that all?"
                The reason is the documentary Supersize Me that exposed McGodess' workplace for the truly unhealthy place it is. In that documentary, every time he was asked if he wanted to supersize it, he had to say yes, and he had to eat it. After that came out, with all the terrible press that surrounded it, McD's changed their policy to "no upsizing in any way ever, not even anything that might imply that we want them to order a single fry extra."
                The idea is, it's you making you fat and unhealthy, not them (by pushing you to order more)
                Although my local one did that for awhile and is now right back to asking if I want to supersize or order anything else so SOMEONE'S not listening to corporate, lol.

Comment

Quoth Tiberious View Post
                  However, if you have no other choice but to follow this sheer corporate lunacy, might it help to say that I seem to notice (with normal people, anyway, so not much of a help when dealing with SCs) that when giving a list, such as an order at the window, the voice tends to inflect higher (if that's the right term; might be thinking something else, and my brain's starting to shut itself down for the night) when there's more to come, and a lower or more even one when the last item is listed? Not having had any experience with being on the other side of the process, I'm not sure how good the equipment is, but if it's decent enough to catch, it may help some.
                  Well, alot of people don't know how to order. They tend to skip around and if they have a list, the say it so breathlessly and without all that tone and pitch.

I have just accepted the fact that I will never be able to make everyone happy. I'm gonna follow policy, so I can keep my job. If a customer has a complaint, they can take it to corporate. Corporate needs a good swift ass kicking nowadays.
                  "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Quoth GuardingYourLife View Post
                    Although my local one did that for awhile and is now right back to asking if I want to supersize or order anything else so SOMEONE'S not listening to corporate, lol.
                    I suspect corporate kept a low profile until the public conscious had forgotten about this, and then brought it back in.

Rapscallion

Comment

Supersize Me
                      I won't get into details, as it would possibly trigger a loaded post that more belongs in fratching (or whatever it's called, I forget offhand), but "Supersize Me" was little more than propaganda parading around with a thin patina of "research".

Eating a lot with little to no exercise gets you fat? Well DUH!

Who the hell eats nothing but supersized meals, anyway? I mean, yeah, now and then you've got a massive case of the munchies (of course having nothing to do with marijuana use, because that's illegal... ), but every single order, several times a day?
                      No matter how low my opinion of humanity as a whole gets, there are always over-achievers who seek to surpass my expectations.

Comment

Jeez, all that shit over small stuff. If they were nicer and more specific about their orders they could've had what they wanted. Apparently SC's don't know the old saying that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Dumbasses.
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

There's a reason they can't ask any variation of "is that all?"
                          The reason is the documentary Supersize Me that exposed McGodess' workplace for the truly unhealthy place it is. .
                          Well, yeah, that stuff is bad for you...but, to be fair, the same could be said of ANY restaurant that serves anything that's bad for you at all...which would be all of them. Even salads become unhealthy once you smother it in dressing >_> When one eats fast food, one knows exactly what one is getting.

Any time I see a "documentary" that has been released in a theater, my BS sensors immediately go off; I just assume that it's 90%+ the filmmaker's personal opinion. I've yet to find any that violate this trend. (No, I don't want to discuss any in here this is just FYI)
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

EricKei and Nohbody:
                            I had big problems with that so-called "documentary" as well.
                            One of them being how very healthy he started off. If your body is used to a very healthy vegetarian diet and lots of exercise, then pouring grease and fat into it all of a sudden is pretty much equivalent to poisoning yourself. Also, he stopped exercising, which obviously slants the results even farther!

Comment

Never saw it.

They must not have the same policy around here because they always ask, "Will that complete your order?"

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                                Never saw it.
                                Short version: Dude ate Mickey D's for all three meals a day for 30 days, plus what was said above, and tracked his mysterious, no doubt, totally unexpected decline in health and increase in weight ~_~

Comment

Working...
                                X